The Technical Assistant will provide administrative, analytical, technical and procedural support to the CTO to assure the efficient execution of the broad scope of activities of the office. Assure accurate and thorough communications with UTC Corporate headquarters, UTC business units, and key customers. Maintain current knowledge of governmental and international issues related to the company’s business interests. Incumbent is accountable for acting independently and for coordinating the efforts and drawing on the resources of staff to carry out assignments.
- Serve as the principal liaison and go-to focal point for day-to-day operational management of the Technology organization (including UTRC, UTAP, the COEs, and the support functions) and the functional management of the Engineering organizations in the UTC BUs
- Develop successful working relationships with the principals and executive assistants among the Technology, Engineering, and Digital organizations, and other members of the Presidents Council
- Manage the CTO office, including ensuring the preparation of meetings, reporting, and performance management
- Conduct rapid technical assessments on an ad hoc basis on behalf of the CTO
- Extensive travel will be required
- This role reports to the UTC CTO
- This role can be located in Connecticut or New York City
- 5-8years of experience in one of the UTC businesses, and preferably, at least one external job outside of UTC
- History of rapid career advancement and executive prospects
- Domain expertise in a digital technical field or in manufacturing/industrialengineering
- Strong executive presence, including effective presentation and writing skills, adroitness in sensitive negotiations, ability to exercise discretion and absolute trustworthiness, and excellent business acumen
- Extraordinary adaptability and curiosity are essential for this role
Education: Degree in computer science or electrical engineering.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected clas