Lead the Technical Assistance Center in support of Crown’s Network Operations Center (NOC) and field operations technicians (FOT’s). Lead and support maintenance for tower lighting systems and communications lines. This includes installing, configuration, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, monitoring and upgrading all hardware and related software while ensuring optimal lighting systems performance. Provide expert support for developing procedures for common alarms, driving resolution to key operational issues with manufacturers, drive requests for new features/capabilities, developing and maintaining an alarm catalog and R&M management. Also ensure new system releases are implemented with minimal service interruption and perform post mortem analysis of failures. Drives constant improvement in system reliability.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead and manage the activities of a team of TAC Operations Engineers in support of a 24x7 NOC
- Analyze, diagnose and resolve complex tower lighting system problems for field operations. Recommend, implement and drive to corrective solutions.
- Record, track and document problem resolution, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken through final resolution.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform hardware improvements, upgrades and repairs
- Implement programs that provide long term enhancement to Crown’s lighting and communication systems.
- Develop and manage key metrics and reporting that measure processes and deliverables critical to successful lighting systems and manufacturer’s that include escalation response time for manufactures, repeat failure rates, and issue prevention via trend analysis.
- Perform post mortem assessment and root cause analysis.
- Develop and implement vendor management programs that reduce hardware failures and escalation response times.
- Support and develop training programs that empower the NOC & field technicians to resolve issues on their own.
- Establish partnerships with equipment vendors and assure vendor road maps are consistent with operational objectives.
- Support various initiatives including pilot programs, vendor software release upgrades, implementing connectivity standards, etc.
- Develop and implement alarm standards across multiple vendors which include assuring consistency in criticality and naming convention.
- Possess an understanding of various network management systems, alarm processing protocols and remote network connectivity schemes and configurations.
- Develop operational metrics and derive key performance indicators. Assure KPIs within tolerance and critical success factors are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, ElectricalEngineering or equivalent experience.
- Five (5) or more years of technical work experience in the telecommunications industry with a technical background in tower lighting, telephony, data networking.
- Previous management experience in a NOC environment is preferred.
- Expert knowledge in networking, electronic technology, wireless industry, and RFtechnology
- Experience operating a 24x7 operations center
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Capable of involvement in multiple projects through all life-cycle phases, ensuring they are in accordance with established direction and standards.