Flexential stands for something not often found in the world of IT transformation: the human touch. The best infrastructure solutions aren’t about infrastructure, they’re about people. With a mission to accelerate customer success through people and technology, we build trusted relationships and deliver tailored, value-added and reliable solutions to demonstrate the power of people in a technical world.
Utilizing our people, values and reliable performance, Flexential is deeply invested in the success of our 4,200+ customers, who trust us to deliver core data center solutions of colocation and connectivity, as well as cloud, managed solutions and professional services. Flexential’s robust suite of assets spans 21 domestic and international markets and comprises 41 highly redundant and connectivity-rich data centers.
Investing in our people, we have an exciting opportunity for Technical Assistance Center Manager in the Nashville, TN area to join our team!
The Technical Assistance Center Manager (Managed Services) primary responsibility is the management of Flexential’s 24x7x365 Technical Assistance Center Managed Services Team (referred to as Technical Assistance Specialists or Technical Assistance Engineers) which provides customer supportand enhanced service delivery to customers in each of Flexential’s data center locations. This includes defining specific tasks for staff, managing projectexecution, schedule management, and providing supervision of front line Technical Assistance Specialists or Engineers. The Technical Assistance Manager is also responsible for hiring and development of TAC staff, tracking and analyzing productivity, and working collaboratively with other departments in delivering Flexential’s customer experience
Key Responsibilities And Essential Job Functions
- Manages activities of the Technical Assistance Center Managed Services Teams (TAS, TAE), providing exceptional customer technical support for all Flexential product offerings or services to Flexential's customer base.
- Manages front line Technical Assistance Specialists and Engineers, including assigning work, monitoring activities, and evaluating performance. Administers employment actions, provides coaching and guidance to staff and promotes staff training and development.
- Administers employment actions, provides coaching and guidance to staff. Conducts regular coaching sessions with TAC Team Members toreview escalated calls, training opportunities, and individual performance metrics.
- Communicates with Corporate and Market stakeholders to coordinate work and resolve issues as needed.
- Builds customer relationships and acts as an escalation point for sensitive and escalated customer issues, including managing escalated customer impacting incidents and Leading investigations on customer impacting support failures.
- Participates in development and delivery of product and process training to TAC Team members and others.
- Contributes to the overall TAC direction and strategy by participating in the development of department policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned
- Associates Degree, Bachelors’ Degree, or 5+ years equivalent relevant work experience required, preferably in Information Technology, Business, or related subjects.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a technical customer support leadership role (Supervisor, Manager, or Team Lead). Managed Services Provider, Hosting / IT Services, and High call volume experience strongly desired.
- The ability to successfully lead and coach individual and team performance in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- The ability to maintain calm in stressful situations.
- Passion for providing a great customer experience.
- People management experience with full HR responsibility.
- Experience with Net Promoter Scores (NPS)
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification.
- HDI Support Center Manager, Supervisor, or Team Lead certification.
- ITIL Problem Management and Change Management experience.