Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We’re looking for a Technical Animator who specializes in, animation workflows, tools, and developing and maintaining complex character rigs. Tools development, rigging, animator support, and controlling animation data flow would be the candidate’s primary responsibilities. The candidate would be working with the game team animation leads and central teams to ensure they are leveraging the highest quality content with the tools and assets provided. Additionally, the candidate would be responsible for maintaining and developing efficient pipelines for animation production. The candidate will also need to be able to exercise a good eye for aesthetics to contribute to critiques and ultimately the team’s success.
This is a role within EA’s central animation group which is responsible for the development and integration of rigging assets and tools across many EA titles.
- Design and develop Animation workflows in collaboration with content creators and engineers.
- Design, Implement, and support of tools and technologies used by content creators for animation.
- Integrate cinematics and gameplay animation content into game engine.
- Provide creative and technical problem solving with a view to delivering efficient quality animation content.
- Deliver technical tools support for content creators.
- Define and estimate tasks in a well-organized manner.
- Interact and collaborate with the key client stakeholders (Art, Animation, Programming, Production, etc.).
- Document workflows, technical processes and tools.
- 4+ years of tool creation experience for art/animation workflows on multiple titles/projects (preferably shipped AAA game titles or feature films).
- Strong knowledge of one or more of the following languages: Python, C# or C++, and/or MEL and familiarity with the Maya API (Motion Builder API experience a plus). Qt and WPF experience a plus.
- Familiarity with animation principals and animation content integration in games.
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining animation content workflows as part of an end-to-end animation pipeline.
- Experience and understanding of motion capture and its data.
- An expert in standard industry tools Maya and Motion Builder.
- Experience with editor-based game development environments e.g. Unreal, Unity etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them.
- Have a proactive self-directed work ethic
- Requisition Number:113765