Technical Architecture Manager (TAM)
Service Delivery United States District Of Columbia California California Atlanta, Georgia Chicago, Illinois Minneapolis, Minnesota New York Texas Virginia Seattle, Washington
Technical Architecture Manager (TAM)
Location: US Remote
Travel up to 70%
Talend is the global leader in Big Data Integration. Help some of the most forward-thinking and successful companies in the world deploy Talend effectively, achieve a rapid Time-To-Value, and solidify their positions as data-driven companies.
Professional Services at Talend is not just a P&L; it’s a strategic part of our company that helps drive our growth through the success of our customer base. The Services we deliver are designed to provide guidance, best practices, and help our customers scale their deployments of Talend across an enterprise.
Who we are:
- Talend is a rapidly growing leader in the data and application integration space. We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, and Sydney, with more to come in 2016. Our customers are thought leaders when it comes to data integration and are some of the biggest and best companies in retail, financial services, consumer products, and business services.
- We enable data driven companies to be more effective at what they do by providing them with the tools, infrastructure, and guidance to make informed business decisions.
- Our architecture and technology uniquely position us to take advantage of constant innovation in data and processing technologies, such as Hadoop and Spark. As a result, we provide the fastest, most scalable data integration platform in the industry, and we support Big Data natively.
- Services are critical to helping our large customers quickly become experts on Talend.
- Our Professional Services team is a critical part of our Customer Success organization and is comprised of some of the deepest subject matter experts in the world on our technologies. Our Customer Success organization is over 100 people strong – consisting of Professional Services Consultants, Support Engineers, Customer Success Managers, Customer Success Architects, and a Technical Enablement Team – all with a passion for creating successful, loyal customers.
Who you are:
- A customer-centric, intellectually curious, bright, energetic person with the ability to drive the successful delivery ofTalend Services.
- A true lover of data.
- Someone who is energized by finding a solution to a problem.
- A consultant with deep experience in BI, Data Warehousing, Data Integration, MDM, Application Integration, Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Google, or Azure) or Big Data (extra credit for more than one)
- A team player who creates a culture that understands that our internal standards and expectations need to be higher than our customers’
- You think, every day, about how you can improve the experience of your customers
- You have experience in the arena of Big Data and are looking for the next “Big Thing”
What you’ll do:
- Work with customers to deploy, manage and audit the best practice use of our software
- Provide architecture reviews, application discussions and prototype or full development as needed
- Identify opportunities for products and services at existing customers
- Provide billable consulting assistance to ensure engagement success
- Perform data and/or application integration design and development, technical product assistance and tuning tomeet customer performance and functional requirements
- Develop Best Practices based on field experience
- Review associated Statements of Work (SOWs), document and review requirements, technical specifications, and customer expectations
- Guide projects using Talend methodology and best-practices to ensure customer success and a high return onTalend software investments
- Work with customer staff at all levels of the organization, from executives to implementation resources, to build a data integration deployment roadmap
- Develop a Talend Education Services plan, working with customer resources and contractors to ensure a strongworking knowledge of Talend products
- Architect enterprise-wide data integration solutions for Talend customers
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related area and 10+ years of experience in the field, in a related area or a master’s degree
- Skills in Java, SQL, XML and Tomcat
- Must have deep exposure to Data Integration, or, preferably with Talend’s products
- Preferred experience in Eclipse, SQL and Oracle environments
- Knowledge in installation, configuration, optimization in Hadoop
- Understand how and when to apply MapReduce
- Knowledge in HBase, Hive, Scoop, Oozie technologies
- Knowledge in NoSQL technologies (Mongo, CouchDB, Cassandra, Neo4j)
- Exposed to Storm, Impala, HAWQ
- Preferred Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent skills
- Technical aggressiveness, demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and business requirements
- Demonstrated creative problem solving ability
- Experience leading and managing engagements and implementations
- Exceptional verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment