Pizza Hut is looking for a self-motivated Technical Architect who wants to be part of a journey to modernize our application portfolio. We desire a candidate with a curious mind and experience with Java systems. AWS and Single Page Applications. The position requires participation in the full software development lifecycle. Someone who loves to design, code, loves business application development, and wants to help shape our long-term above-restaurant IT strategy will be an excellent fit. Someone who can play a central role in the architecture, development, integration and operations support for our internal applications.
- Architect, Design, and Develop extensible, scalable and highly-available Java/Angular-based applications.
- Accountable for architecture, integration and all the technical aspects of the application.
- Analyze existing software to determine areas for continuous improvement.
- Work with other developers to plan sprints and deliver solutions for business requirements (user stories).
- Participate in project planning activities – breakdown of requirements into tasks, resource and duration estimation, etc.
- Help with design and code reviews for the projects executed by the vendor and the internal team.
- Lead and coach junior developers.
- Act as Technical liaison between Business and IT groups.
- Help with the planning and execution of the overall technical and portfolio roadmap. #dice
- 9+ years of experience in designing, developing and maintaining Java/J2EE, SOA and Cloud based enterprise web applications.
- At least 7 years of experience in development, technology consulting, enterprise and solutions architecture and architectural frameworks.
- Experience with AWS cloud and services is required.
- Experience with containerization and deployment of applications in AWS EC2, Fargate, Docker, Kubernetes or equivalent.
- Deep knowledge of OOD methodology, Java, XML, J2EE (JSP, JMS, JDBC, JPA) and Web Services (SOAP & REST), Spring, Hibernate, JPA, Security/SSO etc is required.
- Experience with DevOps toolset including Git, Jenkins, CircleCI, SonarQube.
- Experience with database systems (SQL Server and/or PostgreSQL) is a must and experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB or Couchbase is preferred.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle. Experience with Agile Methodology is a must.
- Ability to articulate and evangelize architecture vision to management and stakeholders.