Lyons Consulting Group (LYONSCG) is a leading digital agency and global commerce service provider. From creative to technology to marketing, we offer a comprehensive set of services to help retailers and brands craft successful digital commerce strategies, put them into practice, and continually optimize them for long-term success. LYONSCG is part of the Capgemini Group.
Due to exploding growth, we are searching for a Hybris Technical Architect to join our LYONSCG team. This position is a full-time permanent position preferably in the Chicago office, but other locations will be considered. Architects at LYONSCG drive our implementation projects to completion – and these are not simple projects. As a Technical Architect, you are responsible for interpreting client requirements, business processes, and use cases to produce quality technical designs in the implementation, enhancement and support of Hybris eCommerce projects. You provide guidance and oversight to development teams to ensure that both the process is followed and the solution that is delivered is consistent with l development policies and standards.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be a part of our world class growing consultancy with a competitive base salary, great people and opportunity for advancement. We are looking for people with a passion for working with our strategic clients to ensure their success and growth. Come experience the LYONSCG difference!!!
The Hybris Technical Architect reports to the Chief Hybris Technical Architect.
- As a Technical Architect, you are responsible for interpreting client requirements, business processes, and use cases to produce quality technical designs in the implementation, enhancement and support of Hybris-centric eCommerce projects. You provide guidance and oversight to development teams to ensure that both the process is followed and the solution that is delivered is consistent with LYONSCG development policies and standards.
- You will work closely with clients to understand their business and their existing technologies, and using your knowledge of Hybris, web applications and integration techniques, design a complete solution for the integration, extension or enhancement of the Hybris platform. You will document this with a technical specification and diagrams that will stand as the reference to the development team for building the solution as well as hand-off to our support team prior to launch. You will update these throughout the development cycle as things change. The initial part of this work is usually done onsite with the client in a multi-day discovery meeting.
- As part of a project team, the Technical Architect will work with a Project Manager to turn client requirements into use cases and tasks with technical specifications. You will work with the project Tech Lead to assign those tasks to the project team, run sprint planning meetings, and participate in the project scrum meetings.
- You are to be the Hybris subject matter expert beyond the basic Hybris Developer certification, and share knowledge with the team and help mentor newer developers. You are expected to stay abreast of web technologies and share new ideas and techniques that are relevant to the eCommerce space. You will also be asked to participate in internal process improvements to our software development life cycle.
- Generally you will not be writing code, but are expected to fully understand code and help developers troubleshoot code issues and algorithms, as well as how to leverage object oriented techniques.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal skills to develop productive associations
- Respects the contributions of others and the value they bring to LYONSCG
- Takes responsibility and proactively supports the project and ensures that project objectives are met
- Places team goals above individual goals
- Maintains a positive attitude, evident in the way he/she works with others
- Understands sensitive nature of some communications and maintains confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills; equally at ease speaking with project teams ?or executives when articulating and advocating design concepts and rationale
- Clearly articulates thoughts; makes the complex understandable and straightforward
- Writes professionally, with clearly articulated point of view
- Actively participates in meetings, listening attentively for content and context of message
- Shares knowledge with others and seeks out knowledge that can be gained from others.
- Adapts communications to suit audience understanding/needs and communicates professionally, persuasively, diplomatically, and strategically
- Resourceful, self-starter
- Demonstrates consistent reliability and dependability
- Determines and prioritizes tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Possesses integrity and displays professionalism
- Values the work and has a passion for it
- Takes the time and makes the effort to think through situations, but knows when ?to ask for help and is comfortable doing so
- Thinks creatively and solves problems
- Resolves issues directly and exhibits maturity
- Uses good judgment; makes reasonable and appropriate decisions
- Maintains confidences; obtains approval before disclosing to others
- Identifies problems and proactively resolves them
- Remains calm and demonstrates diplomacy while resolving conflicts
- Participates in multiple projects simultaneously; manages activities of multiple projects
- Maintains a high level of productivity within established project time frame
- Willing to work extended hours to meet deadlines when required
- Schedules and facilitates meetings on time; creates appropriate agendas, documents and action plans
- Completes timely and accurate time reports; completes timely and accurate expense reports
- Follows established company policies
- Understands clients' business and industry
- Establishes credibility as valuable contributor
- Understands what it means to be a ‘consultant” and demonstrates a commitment to providing “consultant level” services
- Constantly strives to deliver significant value for client
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience with the Hybris platform OR multiple years of experience architecting enterprise web applications.
- 2+ years of experience in a client facing (external or internal) role.
- 2+ years of experience leading project teams, experienceworking with offshore teams a plus
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and different approaches to it.