What impact will you have in this role?
In this role you will have the opportunity to engage with multiple clients working on delivering high quality solutions as defined by Practice Solution Architects, using your technical, commercial and pre-sales experience. The role would also require the individual to be the Authoritative Advisor on technical and delivery matters.
What will you be doing day-to-day?
- The Technical Architect, Modern Devices may participate in pre-sales discussions and on-site customer workshops in the absence of Solution Architect availability.
- The role requires that the Technical Architect, Modern Devices is able to work on the ground with clients and be able to technically deliver projects alone or alongside other Solutions Architects or Technical Architects.
Consultancy and design
- Providing pre-sales and technical leadership on SCCM, Intune and Windows 10 Modern Desktop solutions.
- Providing delivery leadership on executing large-scale desktop transformation projects.
- Applying technical competence and experience to develop and assess internal documentation standards and working practices as well as develop material for marketing and sales teams.
- Ensuring that the quality of the work within the team fits Service Delivery and Service Assurance needs through appropriate agreement, approval, documentation, and training.
- Challenging the customer requirements to ensure we are delivering benefits to the customer.
- Work with Solution Architects to ensure designs should be right first time with <10% of designs needing any re-works.
- During the sales process, help the sales organization produce compelling and workable solutions, including working directly with potential or existing customers where needed. In the absence of an appropriate Solution Architect. act as the technical design authority creating and / or approving Solutions Designs requested by the sales organization.
- Support the Sales organization in closing deals and providing the best possible service and design.
- Provide 3rd level support to Service Assurance upon requests issued by Service Management Assurance team(s). On occasion, assist Service Delivery in the implementation of solutions.
Customer Service Management
- Work with our top customers in a partnership arrangement to provide them with best in class service and responsiveness as part of a client relationship team.
What type of experience and technical skills do you need to be successful in this role?
- Previous experience in designing a system centre infrastructure to support large-scale desktop transformation projects is required, with preferred demonstrable experience in Microsoft Intune and hybrid management deployment.
- Excellent knowledge sharing and the ability to work extremely well with customers in order to be seen by them as a trusted advisor is required.
- The role will require a high level of communication skills with customers and a strong sense of commercial awareness and must have good successful experience of being able to produce high quality and well scoped proposals and Statements of Work.
- Consistently provides subject matter expertise. Influences technical or commercial decision through depth of specialist knowledge.
- Provides advice and guidance in area of technical/professional specialism.
- Provides input into technical/commercial direction of the department.
- Keeps level of knowledge consistently up to date to ensure advice is reflective of the latest thinking/legislation.
- Is regarded as an “expert” and acts as a mentor/coach to others.
Required knowledge of Architectures and Designs in the following:
- Microsoft Windows (All recent versions)
- Microsoft Office (All recent versions)
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (All recent versions)
- Microsoft Intune for Mobile and Desktop management, including Application Management.
- User State Migration Tool
- Microsoft App-V and Sequencing
- Group Policies and Login Scripts
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- Microsoft RDS and VDI
- Application Discovery and Packaging Toolsets
- Auto Pilot
Skills in the following is desirable:
- Azure AD
- Enterprise Mobility and Security suite
- Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
- Office 365