The Technical Architect is a member of the MRM technology team. This role involves complex and unique technical problems, and requires the ability to collaborate with the strategy and creative team leaders. The Systems Architect will be required to exude extensive technical knowledge of multiple subject areas, especially Web 2.0, Content Management Systems, and Web Services. The work on this project is highly collaborative and requires ingenuity and creativity. The Technical Architect also functions as the team leader for the technology staff and has experience managing/directing teams of up to 10 people.
- Perform high-level technical scoping of project requirements.
- Works with the leadership team to evaluate and/or contribute to SOWs, cost and schedule estimates.
- Leadership of the technical team through the high-level design exercises.
- Leadership and support for the technical team through entire project lifecycle, ensuring technical requirements, specifications, and deliverables are met in a timely manner.
- Analyze client systems and make recommendations based on the analysis.
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to improve existing systems and applications.
- Lead the process of practice improvement within the technology department in the areas of repeatable software development processes, quality assurance, and rapid acquisition of expertise in new technologies.
- Lead the development of prototypes and proof-of-concept solutions to aid in organizational learning and new business development.
- Assist in gathering detailed system requirements and project scoping
- Lead system architecture design and specification documentation
- Recommends the appropriate technology solutions based on a complete understanding of the requirements.
- Provides input to the development and maintenance of overall project plan.
- Provides on-going feedback to the software engineering and web development teams.
- Analyze, make recommendation, and/or set specifications regarding hosting requirements and deployment strategy.
- 10+ years of complex software engineering experience in progressively challenging roles.
- 5+ years coding experience in Java/J2E or .NET, including proven skill sets in server and client side programming and best practices.
- Degree in computer science or related experience.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, UML, knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of web technologies, tools, vendors, and products.
- Deep understanding and practical real-world experience in design, development, and operations of high volume, distributed, integrated enterprise scale web applications and platforms with emphasis on performance and scalability.
- Experience in performing requirements gathering & technical specifications driving the results to a SOW, budgetary estimates or overall project plan.
- Experience with web browsers, web based user interface technologies, standards, frameworks, and industry trends.
- Strong data modeling and data architecture skills (relational and unstructured), including data mapping and data migration.
- Experience with web security standards and best practices (ex. OWASP).
- Experience with integrating systems using web services or other integration technologies.
- Experience with infrastructure and hosting design and operations (capacity planning, performance management, caching strategy, content delivery networks, testing, profiling, monitoring and service desk).
- Ability to analyze and understand complex workflows and processes, and to develop innovative approaches to streamlining and automating them.
- Experience with industry leading application servers and CMS such as BEA, WebSphere, Day CQ, SiteCore, Interwoven, Drupal and Microsoft Sharepoint.
- Can work in a dynamic and relatively unconventional environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Driven to achieve a high level of client and customer satisfaction.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Passion for delivering high quality products.