The mission of OSD-CAPE is to provide DoD with timely, insightful and unbiased analysis on resource allocation and cost estimation problems to deliver the optimum portfolio of military capabilities through efficient and effective use of each taxpayer dollar. This effort will oversee the development of a data platform, Enterprise Visibility and Management of Operating and Support Costs (EVAMOSC), that will address known issues with operations and support cost data completeness, accuracy, granularity, and reporting frequency.
- Lead the technical architecture development of an enterprise data and analytics platform for OSD-CAPE.
- Provide expert recommendations on data platform architecture and best practices, including innovative automated solutions to streamline data ingestion, enable feedback to monitor and improve data quality, and promote data analytics and reporting.
- Deploy automated solutions for extracting, transforming, and loading data using commercial ETL and data warehouse and data governance tools to streamline creation and application of business rules, quality checks, and memorandum of agreements or system user agreements between source systems.
- Design a self-service analytics user interface for query, analysis, manipulation, and visualization of data without impacting the platform’s underlying raw or curated data.
- Create data indices, data marts, application programming interfaces (APIs) to deliver data to authorized users and systems
- Build the data pipeline by acquiring and preparing data from multiple DoD business systems to produce complete O&S cost data profiles
- Work closely with business owners to determine what data is needed to map O&S cost data for major weapons systems.
- B.S. degree from an accredited institution in either information technology, computer science, computer engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience developing and deploying data platforms and data analytics in cloud computing environments
- Experience with the design, development, and deployment of data platforms and data analytics solutions in hybrid cloud and cloud computing environments
- Certifications demonstrating experience and proficiency in cloud computing services, technical architecture development and implementation, and data management and analytics platforms
- Experience with DoD business and financial management source data systems
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Experience working with OSD-CAPE and its stakeholder communities (i.e., OSD-CAPE, cost, financial management, acquisition, logistics, maintenance, and product support) for analyzing and reporting O&S costs
- Experience with DoD enterprise resource planning systems and O&S cost data applications
- Experience operating in NIPR environments