We are currently seeking a Technical Architect Level 3 to join our team in Albany, New York (US-NY), United States (US).
Daily Tasks include:
- Responsible for systems architecture, application architecture, and other related technical deliverables within the IES Program.
- Design of system and application architecture for the IES projects adhering to various reference architectures provided.
- Oversee and provide technical advice, guidance, and support for IES projects.
- Collaborate with various technical resources on continuous assessment of existing solutions for reuse on IES.
- Collaborate with ITS Chief Technology Officer in setting technical standards & frameworks for the IES projects to align with enterprise standards.
- Collaborate with Data Architect to build and maintain reference model architecture and standards for communicating the direction of information architecture.
- Liaison with business/program stakeholders for enterprise architecture and strategy.
- Participate in technical discussions with state, local, and vendor implementation teams and technical deliverables to ensure alignment between proposed solutions and the program's standards.
- Present findings and recommendations to IES leadership to ensure alignment of technology across workstreams and escalate technical issues appropriately.
- Explore, actively support, and work on new technology initiatives that may be of interest to the organization.
- More than seven (7) years of experience working on complex projects with 2 or more years in a leadership role as an Architect.
- Five or more years of experience working in enterprise architecture and design across multiple IT functional areas involving hybrid cloud deployments.
- Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect certification or equivalent cloud provider certification.
- Five or more years of experience with design & development of frameworks, reusable components, and shared services using JEE technology using SOA or Microservice architecture.
- Five or more years of experience in designing systems and application architecture of case management, financial management, or claims systems.
- Two or more years of experience in evaluating software products to realize the system architecture such as Business Process Management, Rules Engine, Notification system, or Portal.
- Understanding or experience with foundational technology components including rules engines, API gateway, BPM, noticing engine, workflow engines, middleware components, MDM, identity and access management, and ETL.
- Three or more years of experience in capacity planning, benchmarking, business continuity and resiliency planning.
- Three or more years of hands-on experience in building applications using document management and enterprise content management solutions.
- Three or more years of experience working in the Information Technology domain at New York State or New York City government.
- Experience with IES Program or Health & Human services applications.