Main purpose of the role & responsibilities in the business:
As a Platform Technical Architect (Consultant) in Kainos, you’ll be responsible for leading teams developing high quality solutions on public cloud which delight our customers. As a technical leader on a project, you’ll work with customer architects to design, automate, build and support modern digital service platforms, advising on estimated effort and technical implications of user stories and decisions. It’s a fast-paced environment and you’ll be trusted to make sound, reasoned decisions as you continually learn and apply new technologies and approaches with talented colleagues.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Working as part of a wider team - You’ll provide leadership working alongside colleagues in engineering, testing, consulting, product management and security capabilities to design solutions of the highest quality which meet all non-functional requirements.
• Using technology for positive impact – You’ll keep appraised of the latest technologies and ensure we employ them appropriately for maximum user and business benefit.
• Being objectively opinionated – As a respected voice within Kainos and beyond, you’ll offer your opinion and critique to improve our solutions. You’ll proactively share knowledge internally within Kainos and more widely in industry.
• Developing Kainos as a Business – You help Kainos to qualify and win new opportunities.
• Providing technical leadership – You’ll provide technical leadership on delivery and support projects which may sometimes require you to be hands-on and to take difficult, but necessary decisions.
• Being a role model – You’ll support your colleagues and foster a DevOps culture in all that you do by embodying the Kainos values. You’ll be the person people look up to – people trust your decisions because they are transparent and justified. You’ll be passionate and committed to ensuring Kainos projects are successful.
• Putting people first & developing others – You’ll manage, coach and develop a small number of staff, with a focus on managing employee performance and assisting in their career development. You’ll also provide direction and leadership for your colleagues as you solve challenging problems together.
• Being Adaptable – You’ll mould yourself to customer engagements and stretch to learn new skills as needs arise; through this you’ll be supported by talented colleagues across Learning & Development and Architecture.
MINIMUM (ESSENTIAL) REQUIREMENTS
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to simply and clearly communicate technical design in conversation, documentation and presentation to a technical and non-technical audience.
• We all work in teams here in Kainos – You’ll need a proven experience of team leadership and supporting a DevOps culture in delivering complex projects.
• We are passionate about developing people – a demonstrated ability in managing, coaching and developing junior members of your team and wider community.
• Demonstrable personal ownership of:
o Building and operating modern digital service platform (or significant portions thereof) including architecture, estimation, planning, non-functional requirements and Continuous Improvement activities using modern agile techniques.
o Implementing robust security controls and monitoring solutions across infrastructure and application components.
o Making effective decisions within fast-moving delivery environments.
• Significant expertise in:
o Designing, building, testing, automating, monitoring and supporting modern digital service platforms in production environments.
o Utilizing the latest Continuous Delivery techniques for releasing operationally ready software to production.
o Use of automation tooling and proficient in one of the following: Powershell, Bash, Python, Ruby, Go, Groovy.
o Using public cloud platforms - including SaaS or PaaS offerings - to solve business problems (AWS or Azure).
• Demonstrable experience in:
o Using the latest container orchestration platforms including Kubernetes.
o Applying configuration management, infrastructure provisioning and automation tooling to solve business problems.
• Third level – or equivalent - qualification in a related discipline.
• Obtained certification with a public cloud provider (AWS/Azure).
• Obtained certification relating to a particular area of specialisation e.g. Kubernetes CKAD.
• Experience of Cloud Native Tooling and Approaches.
• Active participation in both internal and external communities of practice.
WHO YOU ARE:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
We're an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a basic background check , however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn't relevant to the role. It's important to note - failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences. Kainos has a policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders (available on request).
Kainos Group plc is a software company headquartered in Belfast, Northern Ireland that develops information technology solutions for businesses and organisations particularly in the public, healthcare and financial services sectors. Kainos has offices across the UK, Europe, the US and Canada, providing consulting and support services to its customers around the world. In the UK and Ireland, Kainos provide an electronic medical record product for the digitisation of patient notes in the NHS called Evolve. Kainos is one of Workday’s main implementation partners for the Workday SaaS product, and developed Kainos Smart, an automated testing tool for Workday implementations. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.