Join our great team as the Technical Architect! The Technical Architect will assist with designing technology solutions to leverage business opportunities and provide architectural guidance for technical solutions implemented across multiple projects and teams. This is a new position that works in the Columbia, MO office.
Determine simple yet effective solutions to complex problems.
Guide the technical delivery across multiple teams to ensure we achieve our target architecture.
Lead technical requirement gathering sessions and produce technical requirement and design documents.
Provide hands on expert level assistance to developers for technical issues.
Suggest alternative technical solutions to meet business requirements efficiently.
Mentor developers to effectively use strategically aligned development frameworks and system architectures.
Work with development managers to define, communicate and enforce design/coding standards.
Track and identify new technologies to solve our business problems.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field of study.
- 5+ years' of solid development experience in distributed platform utilizing SOA methodology.
- Experience in understanding how applications interacts with hardware, storage, and network.
- Demonstrated ability to architect enterprise-grade solutions.
- Deep expertise in at least one of the following: application architecture, infrastructurearchitecture, integration architecture.
- Experience in writing complex algorithms.
- API design and construction.
- Java/J2EE, Web-services (SOAP / REST), Java/J2EE Design Patterns,
- Ability to do practical assessment of software code, APIs, database and web services architecture.
- Experience with Java Server Faces Framework and PrimeFaces, or similar for web development.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL and databases.
- Broad knowledge of software engineering: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
- Experience with SDLC and Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience in conducting POCs using emerging technologies.
- Experience in mentoring junior developers.
- Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Experience in the Commercial P&C Insurance industry.
- Experience with legacy systems migration/conversions.
- Experience developing Cloud (MS Azure preferred), multi-tenant and SAAS based platforms, Cloud Frameworks, Micro-services Architecture and Containers.
- Experience with Angular 2, Python.
- Experience with TOGAF and COBIT 5.
- Scrum Master training.
- Experience in information security, high availability, cloud and big data topics
- Experience with DevOps design and implementation.
- Experience with any NoSQL database.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including an outstanding 401(k) program. We also offer the opportunity to join a dynamic organization with a 140-year history of providing exceptional customer service to our policyholders, agents and fellow employees.
Knowing what your business needs is our business, too. Having the right insurance coverage will give you peace of mind because you’ll know we have your back. We’re all about relationships.
To us, this business is personal. We’ve built strong relationships with agency partners who work with us to give you exceptional, personalized service. Please give your independent insurance agent a call to experience our unwavering commitment to service and fairness.
We have a proud history beginning in 1874 with the mutual insurance movement in the Midwest. Today, our rich heritage can be seen across the country, as we have customers in 19 states.