Who We Are
Bakkt unlocks the $1.2+ trillion that is currently held in digital assets like cryptocurrencies, rewards and loyalty points, gift cards, and gaming assets. We began in 2018 with the vision to bring trust and transparency to digital assets by showing people that they hold more value than they realize. We serve institutional clients through the Bakkt Warehouse and Bakkt® Bitcoin Futures and Options contracts in an end-to-end regulated market with true price transparency. Merchants that partner with Bakkt see a lower cost of payment acceptance, enhanced customer engagement, and increased loyalty redemption options.
For consumers like you, the Bakkt App allows you to aggregate your digital assets to track, spend, and send them in the way that best suits your lifestyle. Bakkt is the only place that puts the power in your hands by enabling all-in-one aggregation. Something like this has never been built before, and we aim to make what was previously thought impossible, possible – leveraging our values of betting big and serving as multipliers on our team. We believe we are more than the sum of our parts and we want you to bet big with us. Now, let’s get to the real reason why you’re here – how we can work together.
As a Technical Architect, you will create new architectures and define the future of our technology practices and procedures. You will lead the charge on engineering innovation and exploration as we deliver new products and features for our customers.
- Expert, hands-on engineering of high-value, net-new platform capabilities
- Initial technical design and framework engineering for net-new components and significant refactoring efforts
- Work with Solution Architect and Engineering Leads to implement technical architecture direction for the platform
- Establishment of fundamental and foundational technical patterns and principles for all engineering work
- Mentoring and coaching of fellow engineers
- Senior advocate for craftsmanship and quality for the engineering team
- Participate as a senior technology leader in key roadmap, assessment and priority discussions
- Review completed engineering work for adherence to best practices and team policies
- Accountability for technical optimization of the product architecture and execution in collaboration with engineering leadership
- Primary resolution escalation point for high priority/visibility product and operational issues
- 10+ years deep hands-on experience, building custom platforms from scratch to production
- Expert proficiency with development using Spring framework
- Expert proficiency with developing APIs, Apache Camel or other EBA, Microservices development (REST & SOAP)
- Proficiency with Azure cloud infrastructure.
- Proficiency with Oracle 11g
- Proficiency in designing (includes documentation), developing, testing, and implementing Java applications on a predefined schedule using technologies, techniques, and tools to ensure high quality, performance, and reliability, at varying levels of complexity
- Proficiency in resolving technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Proficiency in system analysis and design in accordance with established procedures and policies
- Provides an accurate estimate of time needed to complete work
- Proficiency in working with high-performing technology teams in a multi-technology enterprise.