The TOCNET Applications Engineer assists customers with developing system solutions and resolving installation and other technical issues for SCI's TOCNET intercommunication family of products. This candidate selected for this position will provide customer support in defining software requirements and assisting in the selection of VoIP tool suites to meet customer needs. The selected candidate will also supports customer demonstrations and performs on-site engineering analysis of integration issues. The TOCNET Applications Engineer will have direct input to the future design and roadmap requirements for TOCNET based on customer feedback. The ideal candidate will have a background in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, have a proactive disposition, exhibit excellent communication and customer interaction skills and be willing to travel to support new and existing TOCNET customers. Experience installing, maintaining and/or troubleshooting the TOCNET system is a plus.
The primary responsibilities of this position include, but may not be limited to:
- Provide telephone, email and/or on-site integration, training and troubleshooting support.
- Support pre-sales activities by reviewing customer requirements, system architecture and use cases.
- Recommend TOCNET based solutions to address customer requirements.
- Support the design of cable assemblies, adapters and/or interfaces for integrating user handsets, headsets and other I/O components into a TOCNET architecture.
- Facilitate the evolution of the TOCNET system by recommending, and formally documenting, hardware and software enhancements.
To be considered for this position, a candidate will possess, and demonstrate, the following education, experience, skills and characteristics:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related degree.
- 5+ years experience with military intercommunication systems - field experience with TOCNET products is considered an advantage
- Display an ability to read Interconnect Diagrams and use them to develop adapter cables and/or troubleshoot wiring related problems.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including presenting technical design, technical solutions and enterprise architecture solutions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of military headsets, microphones and push to talk interfaces.
- Demonstrate knowledge of military radio types and how to interface with them.
- Experience designing, installing, troubleshooting and maintaining VoIP networks.
- Possess a DoD security clearance or have the ability to obtain clearance.
- Hold US citizenship.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing travel schedules and priorities.