As a Technical Application Support Engineer, you'll partner with Dev Support, Product Support and Engineering teams to be the technical application IT specialist. In this role, you'll learn the nuts and bolts of WideOrbit products and work towards becoming a go-to expert for server, database, and application support. We're looking for someone that likes to learn new things, talk to clients, get involved in a variety of tasks, and successfully works independently. The ideal person for this role will have a varied IT background and enjoy troubleshooting and supporting customers by phone, email, and with remote access tools.
Here is what you'll be doing:
- Safely and securely access client systems via remote login through multiple VPN clients to provide technical application support either in queue or on call.
- Willingness to readily adjust to new requirements and directions, and the ability to shift priorities when necessary.
- Be the bridge from our product support and dev teams to provide technical application solutions to external clients.
- Recreate application issues and look through logs, escalating where appropriate.
- Complete service restarts, backup pulls, log retrieval and script runs.
- Light Active Directory administration.
- Help clients with configuration updates where appropriate.
- Log resolutions into our CRM and create content/documentation for the wiki.
- Rotate through on-call shifts with the technical support team.
Here is what we're looking for:
- BA in Computer Science, MCSE, CCENT, SQL certification, or equivalent technical support experience
- 1+ years in a hands-on enterprise level IT role with technical support or helpdesk preferred
- Experience with remote access and support tools such as Remote Desktop, SimpleHelp, Bomgar, LogMeIn, etc
- Experience connecting to networks through various VPN clients such as Cisco Any Connect, Pulse Secure, SonicWall, etc
- Familiarity with SQL Server, Windows Servers, Windows networking and Active Directory
- Familiarity with a CRM and documenting tickets. Dynamics is a plus
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, LAN, WAN, and other common networking concepts and practices
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers'
- Ability to multitask and remain organized in a fast-paced environment with a calm, professional demeanor
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to provide superb customer service, internally and externally while effectively resolving issues
- Positive attitude and maintains professional relationships based on mutual goals and service standards