Position Purpose: Responsible for the quality and integrity of the technical infrastructure in all environments of Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) Business Intelligence software and related packages (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server Analysis & Reporting Services, Master Data Services (MDS), BI Query, PowerDesigner, etc.). May act as primary liaison between the application development and support team, and IS infrastructure teams. Provides the IS Infrastructure team expert knowledge of software technical requirements. Partners with IS Infrastructure teams, Developers and Systems Analysts for ongoing baseline support, upgrades and to meet Service Level Agreements. Adheres to IS process and technical standards. Provides emerging technical leadership in broad, complex, and/or medium to high impact projects and baseline support.
- Responsible for the well-being of the underlying technical infrastructure and technology requirements for Business Intelligence related software packages.
- Stays current on BI software package releases, new features, impacts and opportunities.
- Participates in the selection, installation, configuration, patching, upgrading and integration of BI software packages and in the definition and development of technical patterns that support the use cases that drove those efforts.
- Responsible for partnering with vendors on the installation, configuration, patching, upgrading and integration of BI software packages.
- Contributes to capacity planning for CPU, storage, memory utilization, etc., to maximize performance and availability.
- Implements and maintains regular monitoring activities for use, capacity and performance to ensure Service Level Agreements.
- Partners with IS Architects to ensure BI solutions are in line with corporate directions.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which technology configuration changes can be made.
Applies formal methodologies when designing and developing solutions. May provide options for and estimates of possible technology solutions.
- Partners with IS Security to integrate BI software package applications with IS securityinfrastructure and Payment Card Industry (PCI) requirements.
- Partners with Project Managers in medium to large scale implementation and upgrade projects.
May be responsible for completion of a phase of a project or small to medium size projects depending on complexity.
- Responsible for the development and execution of testing and implementation plans. Performs all phases of technology testing including unit, system and performance testing.
- Monitors operations and use patterns to ensure Service Levels are met.
- Partners with IS Infrastructure teams to meet baseline service levels and projects objectives. Includes routine maintenance and tuning.
- Partners with Infrastructure teams and Configuration Analysts to execute disaster recovery (DR) plans.
- Maintains BI software technology architecture documentation.
- Monitors L.L.Bean infrastructure changes to identify impacts to the BI software packages. Participate in the identification and development of standards for BI software infrastructuresupport.
- Conducts walk-through and reviews of solution designs and configurations.
- Responsible for on call research and resolution of production system problems.
- Provides emerging technical leadership for mid to high-impact projects and baseline support teams.
- Mentors less experienced Technical Application Administrators, teaching tools and techniques, and helping to problem-solve.
- Employs IS Standards and follows IS Processes within the context of job responsibilities.
Health and Safety Requirement: Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures, reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership, and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors, evaluate risk, and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.
- Able to effectively communicate technical concepts to all levels of IS management.
- Ability to influence within IS, especially with technology support teams.
- Highly collaborative. Effectively works with IS people for the support and performance of the underlying technical infrastructure of packaged applications
- Understands the Company's technology and architectural direction.
- Continually looks within and beyond their job, anticipating technology needs and opportunities.
- Ability to work within tight technical and process constraints
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure technology, support teams, and supportprocesses.
- Knowledge of L.L.Bean integration models.
- Experienced with testing tools, including automated Testing and Debugging Tools.
- Familiar with Systems Development Life Cycles and Methodologies, source control and testing approaches.
- Knowledge of automated performance testing tools.
- Requires significant knowledge of L.L.Bean information systems.
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse, Data Mart, BI concepts and trends.
- Knowledge of Relational Databases including DB2, Oracle and SQL Server.
- Knowledge of Windows Server and Desktop technologies required.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft development ecosystem desired.
- Knowledge of Unix systems desired.
Education: Bachelors Degree
Experience: 3 - 5 years