Posting Date May 21, 2019
Job Number 19001COS
Job Category Information Technology
Location Omaha Gbl Sls&Ctmr Care Campus, 1818 North 90th Street, Omaha, Nebraska, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Network ServicesTechnical Analyst position will be part of a team that provides day-to-daymanagement and technical oversight for the IP Voice systems supporting GroupSales offices and Customer Engagement Centers (CECs) located throughout theworld. He/she will be responsible for the daily operations andconfiguration of the CEC Voice Services infrastructure in support of CustomerCare, Sales and Marriott Rewards. This includes but is not limited to theAvaya Call Center Technologies platform, Unity Voice Mail, Interactions IVR,Oracle SBC's (formally Acme) and their respected peripherals. Theindividual will be involved in key activities from project lead, deployment,and operational readiness.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunications or Data Networking or technical certification equilvalent may be substituted
- 5+ years experience of technical support experience with ACD/PBX, adjuncts and interfaces in a multi-site call center environment.
- Avaya Call Management Systems, Session Manager, Communciations Manager, Interaction Center, Workforce Optimization, One-X Agent and Centeral Management, System Manager (SMGR) highly desired.
- Working knowledge of various IVR technologies including Avaya, Nuance and carrier based offerings.
- Working knowledge of SIP & Session Border Controllers
- Experience on voicemail and a Call Accounting Systems.
- Ability to review and analyze carrier billing formats to determine validity of monthly bills and to determine least cost carrier options.
- Experience in providing direction and performing responsibilities via influence (as opposed to line management authority).
- Proven success in introducing major change to process, procedure or training.
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation to support 24x7 business operations.
- Experience using MS Office (including Project and Visio) and SharePoint required.
- System-related professional certifications desired.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Participate in GS&CC Network Services support processes as we grow to support over 24 CECs and Regionals Sales Offices globally. Work to deploy required telephony changes, adjust route plans, add skills and troubleshoot telephony related issues.
- Assist to manage project implementation and operations costs.
- Work in a resource constrained environment and continually prioritize tasks, effort, resources and risks that the Contact Centers and Sales Offices may encounter.
Managing Projects andPolicies
- Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Monitors processes and evaluating information according to SOP and LSOP requirements.
- Enforces IR policies and standards protecting company hardware, software and other resources at the property.
- Directs maintenance of equipment and installed software applications inventory for property ensuring compliance with licensing regulations.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Performs an assessment of needs, ensuring compliance with brand specific standards, budget and capital requirements.
- Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of any property projects on schedule and according to specification.
- Verifies problems are correctly reported, routed, tracked and solved, with the system user being informed of situation at all times.
- Verifies proper asset management.
- Performs on-site monitoring of all projects.
- Verifies that regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicates expectations, recognizes performance and produces desired business results.
Demonstrating andApplying Telecom Knowledge
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to your job.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Provides technical expertise and support.
Leading Telecom Team
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Provides a technical perspective to information needs along with cost/benefits understanding in an influencing role.
Managing and ConductingHuman Resource Activities
- Verifies employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Verifies property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Coordinates property efforts, prioritizes needs and communicates those needs to IR Shared Services and other systems staff.
- Manages vendors for property IT requirements functioning as escalation point for problem resolution.
- Adaptability- Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication- Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor- Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams- Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Driving for Results- Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing- Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships- Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships- Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
- Global Mindset- Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent andOrganizational Capability
- Organizational Capability- Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management- Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and ApplyingProfessional Expertise
- Applied Learning- Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen- Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
- Technical Acumen- Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
- Equipment Selection- Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Troubleshooting- Determining causes of mechanical or technological operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Mechanical- Knowledge of machines, computers, tools and other equipment, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Computers and Electronics- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Installation- Installing computers, software, equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Repairing- Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Telecommunications- Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems.
- Purchasing and Materials Management- Knowledge of practices and procedures needed to maintain material, equipment and supplies; including vendor identification and contract negotiation, supply requisition and purchasing, and inventory control.
Basic Competencies- Fundamental competencies required foraccomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills- Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning- Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension- Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension- Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing- Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.