Job ID: 14587BR
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Under limited supervision, performs detailed technical analysis and/or programming. Responsible for working withstakeholders to elicit, analyze, specify and validate business and solution requirements to meet business needs on moderate to complex initiatives. Manages the effective use of team resources to implement ongoing projects, enhancements, and/or initiatives. Participates in the design/development process. Acts as subject matter expert for assigned applications, systems, and technologies. Leads investigation and resolution efforts for critical/high impact problems, defects and incidents. Provides direction, coaching and mentoring to less experienced team members.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for analysis tasks and/or system programming with advanced complexity within multiple systems. Acts as subject matter expert for assigned applications, systems or technologies. Responsible for understanding product needs, performing current and future state systems analysis and creating complete and accurate technical functional and non-functional requirements. Responsible for transforming business specifications and requirements into organized technical activities. Responsible for performing complex analysis, assessment, resolution, design, configuration and/or programming functions at an expert level. Leads investigation and resolution efforts for critical/ high impact defects, problems, and incidents. Collaborates with project team and other key stakeholders toidentify, estimate, and prioritize project and/or enhancement activities. Builds, maintains, and utilizes partnerships across the enterprise. Provides team direction, mentorship, and feedback to technical resources. Ensures workcomplies with Travelers standards, processes, and protocols. Applies knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects and/or enhancements. Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of programming/development experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
– Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
– 6 years of systems analysis/programming/development experience preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
*Analytical Thinking: Ability to effectively identify current or future problems or opportunities, analyze, synthesize and compare information to understand issues, identify cause/effect relationships and explore alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
* Technical Knowledge: Able to expertly assess, design develop, and support applications, systems and solutions to achieve business and/or technical requirements. Demonstrates technical expertise for multiple languages, applications, systems, technologies, and/or frameworks, and has the ability to influence technical direction or defect resolution. Fully understands business applications and/or technical system environments in which thesystem operates.
* Communication Skills: Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience. Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members – including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills. Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team. Able to present complex technical concepts to audiences of varying size and level.
* Business Knowledge & Partnership: Able to develop business partnerships and influence business priorities through solution identification aligned with business objectives and goals. Able to communicate in business terms and describe IT capabilities and concepts in ways that the business can understand.
* Problem Solving & Decision Making: Able to proficiently diagnose root causes and solve complex problems. Able to evaluate alternative solutions and assess risk before taking action. Has the ability to reach sound decisions quickly and escalates appropriately. Demonstrates ability to optimize the use of all available resources.
* Team Orientation: Able to maintain and enhance partnerships across the organization to achieve objectives. Practices objectivity and openness to others’ views. Able to recognize and support team priorities.
* Leadership: Accountable to set technical goals and priorities for self and other team members. Exhibits team leadership and collaborates with partners. Planning and Project Management: Demonstrates ability to identify critical project tasks and establish clear priorities while keeping the bigger picture in mind. Able to effectively collaborate with Project Manager and utilize sound project management practices. Able to manage time and competing priorities.
* Financial Awareness: Able to assess the financial impact of recommended designs/solutions.
Requires weekend work hours. Requires overnight work hours. Requires holiday work hours (Federal and religious). Requires extended periods (1 or more weeks) of travel as needed. Requires travel up to 5% of time.
Operates standard office equipment. Requires extended periods of computer use. Requires extended periods of sitting.
Licensing or Certificates
Depends on the specific role but some examples may include: ITIL Remedy Java certification Microsoft certification.net Kanban/Agile/SAFe
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.