The PeopleSoft Technical Specialist will be responsible for Installing and Maintaining computing environment involving PeopleSoft system including installing and commissioning the environment, applying patches and upgrades as delivered from time to time, monitoring system performance and integration of the system with all other interfaces and PeopleSoft modules
- 4+ years of experience as a PeopleSoft Technical Analyst
- Must have at least 3 years of experience with PeopleSoft GL module and nVision reporting including a key role in at least one new implementation
- Ideal experience also includes any knowledge of PeopleSoft Asset Management, Cash Management, Accounts Receivable/Billing, Accounts Payable and Purchasing modules.
- OBIEE , Essbase and Hyperion exposure is an asset
- Experience in medium to large-scale PeopleSoft Financials implementations
- Strong understanding of PC, Windows environment, SQL, and PeopleSoft reporting tools (Query and nVision)
- Strong Technical Skills in PeopleCode, PeopleTools SQR, Tree Manager, Data Mover, Application Messaging, Crystal reports, nVision, XML (BI) Publisher, Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, Visio
- Experience working on UNIX, Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with developing web services integrated with PeopleSoft is a plus
- In depth understanding of core business processes of PeopleSoft Financials modules is essential and excellent knowledge of PeopleSoft Financial Database model is desired.
- Good working knowledge of PeopleSoft Advanced Tools such as Application Package, Component Interfaces, Integration Broker, Business Interlinks, Workflow, Object Oriented PeopleCode, WSDL (Web Services) etc.
- Strong knowledge of application implementation and testing best practices and methodologies
- Ability to write functional requirements, use cases, and other analysis/design artifacts effectively (storyboards, screen prototypes, etc.)
- Experience with user interface and design
- Conceptual knowledge of data modeling and database design
- Experience with testing execution
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-directed - works effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to effectively work on multiple tasks
- Well organized, dependable, punctual, strong work ethic
- Fast learner and able to work to deadlines.
- Ability to pay close attention to details
- Bilingual with fluent understanding in English and Spanish language
- Understand the high level business needs surrounding the GL module, gathering information, analyzing processes, assessing impacts, documenting detailed business requirements, creating configuration and design documents to support testing, go live/production support and subsequent hand over of knowledge.
- Ensure that any IT solutions designed, configured, developed and implemented satisfy the business requirements and manage traceability of requirements through design, configuration, development, and testing.
- Work with the Finance department and other stakeholders to gather information utilizing a variety of techniques such as interviews, work sessions, storyboarding, and prototyping.
- Analyze, document, and communicate business requirements and processes.
- Understand project scope, project goals, product functionality, and desired features.
- Evaluate customer needs/issues, analyze business processes, assist in evaluating alternatives, and determine appropriate solutions with technical staff.
- Help determine level of effort and time required for delivery.
- Develop and document business requirements from user perspectives.
- Ensure that business requirements are properly translated and satisfied in functional requirements and design. Assist with system design and data migration reviews as needed.
- Work with Developers and provide guidance as needed.
- Assist with development of test conditions, scripts, and test cases.
- Participate in testing, testing reviews and analysis of testing results. Assist with troubleshooting and providing recommendations.
- Effectively partner with Finance and other IT personnel to deliver solutions.
- Resolve issues quickly and effectively to enable delivery and support of applications.
- Follow standard software implementation best practices relative to analysis, configuration, development and testing.
- Provide ad-hocreporting, data gathering, and feasibility studies to support project business justification as required for management review.
- Suggest improvements or enhancements to processes and systems in order to increase customer satisfaction or improve productivity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or IT
Requisition ID: 20823