Job Title: Technical Analyst - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Columbia, MD
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
- During the implementation/conversion process, provides technical guidance and formulates systems configuration design and execution based on scope and objectives relative to a client organization's business plan and industry requirements.
- Great role for a Jr. to Mid-level Developer, that is familiar with language configurations.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Resolves program logic errors
- Perform upgrade, access data for Clients
- Evaluate configurations
- SQL and XML are a plus for this role
- Participates in evaluation and selection of performance tools
- Understands the advantages/disadvantages of operating systems (e.g. Unix, Windows) and of various browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla Foxfire, etc)
- Isolates and resolves complex problems using appropriate diagnostic tools
- Devises and implements solutions to correct performance problems
- Manages and coordinates test activities for assigned application
- Other related duties are assigned as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience as required for the specific job level
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Good working knowledge of web development and debugging tools
- Understands principles of multiple applications development methodologies
- Knowledge of complex functions and features of installed database management platforms
- Basic Programming/Scripting Skills
- Ability to understand and apply concepts
- Ability to handle project commensurate with job expectations
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Requires human relations, negotiation and documentation skills
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability
- Intermediate professional role requiring high skill with extensive proficiency. Works independently with only administrative supervision and the ability to overcome major obstacles and recognize early when issues should be escalated or a senior peer needs to be consulted. Wide latitude for independent judgment and is expected to provide guidance and cross-training to others.
- Effectively communicates with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel. Ability to negotiate complex processes and issues with others. Exhibits a detailed knowledge of specific applications and has profited from individual projects and various learning experiences to build up an ever-growing knowledge base of the system.
- Provides new and innovative alternative solutions to system challenges and brainstorms alternatives to a given problem. Contributes to the devfelopment, documentation and implementation of standards or guidelines.
- Typically requires a minimum of three years implementation and/or conversion or business systems analysis experience or experience in a related discipline with a demonstrated ability to handle medium project complexity