Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 88 days ago
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Works individually or within a team on technology business consulting projects to meet specific client requirements.
• Serves as liaison between end-users and consultants during consulting projects.
• Expertly researches and documents client needs, technology or regulations related to system design, enhancement and acquiring hardware or software that will impact multiple platforms and/or applications.
• Defines product scope, objectives and requirements. Defines specifications and data models for product development and testing.
• Creates detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
• Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc. Also analyzes system impacts to other systems and procedures.
• Devises and/or modifies processes and procedures to achieve greater efficiencies and to solve most complex technical problems related to computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
• Assesses available technologies and recommends solutions to consulting team.
• Writes test plans and test cases to ensure enhancements made to applications meet client needs and application integrity is maintained.
• Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness and acceptance tests. Conducts tests using client data to be certain client needs will be met.
• Influences clients, business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
• Consults directly with clients and may travel to client site.
• Acts as team leader for technical aspects of consulting projects leading sub-plans or small projects. May mentor, guide, advise and/or check work of less experienced business systems analysts and technology business consultants.
• May play a key role in training client and technical support personnel on enhancements, new systems or procedures. Training may be delivered one-on-one as knowledge transfer or in a classroom setting depending on number in audience and client preference.
• May serve as pre-sales support specialist when needed.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• In-depth knowledge of FIS products and services and financial services industry
• Advanced knowledge of multiple end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development and conversion methodologies
• Advanced knowledge of the tools, techniques and principles used in application development in objective-oriented development or other relevant technology
• Knowledge of application architecture
• Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.
• Proficiency in quality management methods, tools and technologies
• Proficiency in at least one appropriate application programming language
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
• Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Developing professional role. Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency. Generally performs tasks that tend to be of small to moderate size and scope. Works under close to moderate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment. Consults with senior peers on non-complex projects to learn through experience. Typically requires up to three years of demonstrated business systems analysis/consulting experience and demonstrated technical capabilities.