Join our worldwide community of accounting andfinance professionals.Lend your talent, skills andexperience to a world-class company, and enjoy the freedom and flexibility to choose your engagements, manage your workload and control your work-life balance. If you are ready to work directly with business leaders and their teams to solve problems, implement initiatives, and drive change, then a career at RGP is right for you.Our accounting andfinance Consultants combine their functionalfinance expertise and project management capabilities with theirother broad skills andexperiences ininternalaudit, process reengineering, compliance, and systems to help clients drive business change.
RGP is looking for a Consulting Professional with experience as a senior accountant and/or holds experience in a corporate accounting environment. The ideal candidate may have worked as a Sr. Accountant, Corporate Controller, Corporate Accountant, Accounting Manager or Auditor and has held leadership roles in the past. Our practice has been busy and we wish to grow our team!
Our successful consultants partner with our top tier clients to conduct research and provide guidance on IPO’s, carve-outs, mergers & acquisitions, divestitures, revenue recognition and leasing processes, and external reporting to ensure compliance with GAAP.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Perform technical accounting research for transaction-related events and prepare technical accounting whitepapers/memos
- Research and manage the implementation of newly issued accounting pronouncements
- Conduct contract reviews and recommend appropriate accounting treatment in accordance with revenue recognition guidance
- Assist the SEC team with the preparation of financial statements and footnotes, along with coordinating with external auditors on the delivery of financial data
- Review potential merger and acquisition targets, including reviewing accounting policies, historical financial results and/or financial projections
- Develop company-wide accounting policy and corresponding manuals
Attributes of our global professionals include: a dedication to client service, the ability to think in complex and ever changing situations, strong communication skills and the ability to solve problems, execute and transfer knowledge.
- BS/BA degree in Business, Accounting or Finance required
- CPA/MBA with Big 4 or national public accounting experience a plus
- 7+ years relevant industry experience
- FASB/GAAP research to interpret new pronouncements and rulings
- Documentation and resolution of accounting issues
- External GAAPfinancial statement preparation
- Recent and relevant SEC experience a plus
- Proficiency with Excel essential, exposure to a major ERP system i.e. SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft preferred
- Client Service driven with excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Flexible, adaptable and hands on approach