This position is focused on internal and external reporting tasks required toensure compliance under US GAAP as well as assist GL management with technical accounting research as necessary. The position reports to and supports the Sr. Manager -- Technical Accounting and interacts frequently and directly with external auditors, Corporate FP&A, Internal Audit, Treasury, Business Unit Management and various corporate functions. In addition, this person assists in drafting and completion of audited financial statements, management and bank reporting on a monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc basis for all Ports America entities. This position will also be responsible for closing books for certain corporate entities.
- Assist in internal and external reporting to comply with US GAAP.
- Lead delivery of audited and reviewed financial statements, et al on a consistent and timely basis.
- Lead in coordinating external audit requirements and interact with external auditors on a regular basis.
- Assist in technical research in all areas of US GAAP, as required.
- Maintain technical position papers to be current and relevant and proactively engage in research for emerging issues.
- Support creation and maintenance of SOX / SEC - Public Ready processes, controls and reporting capability.
- Contribute to the maintenance and development of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP and other requirements.
- Lead and assist in closing the books of certain corporate entities.
- Prepares monthly reconciliations for balance sheet accounts including resolution of differences.
- Review fluctuations in accounts and write clear, concise explanations for variances.
- Assist in preparing consolidated financial statements during quarter and year-end.
- Supports the Sr. Director-Corporate Accounting on various strategic initiatives including merger & acquisition activities.
- Assist in compliance with various government census reporting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid US GAAP skills and broad experience with complex financial statements and accounting topics such as: JV Equity Accounting, Revenue Recognition, Debt Instruments, Consolidations, Business Combinations, etc.
- Experience on large private or public company audits in a team lead capacity as an audit senior.
- Excellent written communication skills and technical savvy with MS office and tier one ERP.
- Organized and able to influence others to deliver results within established deadlines.
- Self-starter, proactive in resolving issue, collaborative and a team player
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Technical Accounting Manager
Minimum Requirements (Education, Experience, Certifications):
- Active CPA License.
- 5 year plus experience with Big 4 CPA firm supporting large private or public company audits.
- Master's degree in Accounting/Finance or MBA a plus
Ports America is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in theworkplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex (including pregnancy); sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; age; disability; genetic information, citizenship status; military service obligations or any other category protected byapplicable federal, state, or local law