ABOUT THE JOB:
This role reports to our Senior Director - Accounting and Reporting and acts as aninternal expert, consultant and resource regarding complex accounting topics for unique, new or non-standard transactions in a dynamic, publicly traded- North American firm which has recently competed several acquisitions.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
Day to day you will:
- Serve as an internal expert, consultant and resource regarding complex accounting topics for unique, new or non-standard transactions.
- Partner/collaborate with accounting/finance personnel and other business leaders to build and enhance awareness of various accounting requirements.
- Review all significant customer contracts for appropriate accounting and revenue recognition.
- Review all other material contracts (debt amendments, litigation settlements, stock comp agreements, purchase agreements, etc.) to determine and document appropriate accounting treatment.
- Research new accounting standards and other regulatory standards as they are issued and draft whitepapers to document impact to the company.
- Assist with the completion of the Quarterly GAAP Checklist and supporting memorandums for disclosures passed.
- Assist with writing and reviewing disclosures of non-recurring/complex accounting items within the Company’s 10-Qs and 10-Ks.
- Lead the assessment and oversee implementation of new technical accounting and financialreporting standards (including Leasing and Credit Losses).
- Lead quarterly and annual reviews of complex accounting areas (goodwill, rental equipment, and PP&E impairment reviews).
- Manage Purchase Accounting for new acquisitions; which includes assessing accounting treatment for the components of the assets and liabilities acquired, coordination of external valuations and setup of post-transaction accounting (i.e. earnouts), coordinating with team members to record appropriate journal entries and review accounts to ensure integration was performed completely and accurately.
- Serve as the financialreporting team lead for financing and acquisition transactions requiring SEC filings (i.e. non-periodic filings and pro forma statements).
- Work closely with the external auditors to resolve complex accounting issues for the timely issuance of financialreports to external stakeholders.
- Establish, maintain and communicate robust global accounting policies.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS/BA degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm.
- Advanced understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and the ability to applyGAAP to new and existing transactions.
- A clearly demonstrated proficiency in SEC reporting requirements and research.
- The ability to work with little supervision and attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, all-hands-on-deck atmosphere.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of management.