We are looking for a talented Technical Accounting Manager to join our finance team. This is a key high exposure role reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer "CAO" and providing technical expertise in area of US GAAP Accounting and SEC Reporting. In this corporate position you will be responsible for research and recommendations to ensure optimally structured policy and implementations of changes in accounting standards such as ASC 606 and ASC 842. You will work with the Corporate Controller and be exposed to the entire global accounting team including FP&A and the CFO. After an initial adjustment period at Kaseya you will liaise directly with external auditors to help ensure the timely delivery of audits. This is a unique opportunity for an individual at a premier technology company.
- Partner with the CAO on technical accounting research and ad-hoc duties as requested
- Review and sign-off on all monthly reconciliations and assist with the audits
- Coordinate internal and quarterly, year-end, and statutory requests such that we meet the quality and timeliness goals we establish. Review content critically.
- Be a key business partner to Finance, Sales, Marketing & Operations
- Evaluate seller agreements for revenue recognition, implications on accounting and ensure compliance with U. S. GAAP
- Perform financial analysis of management reporting with commentary
- Perform technical research on accounting policies and standards and provide guidance and direction on the education and implementation of technical accounting matters
- Evaluating ongoing accounting compliance with the licensing agreements
- Ensure US GAAP compliance for internal reporting and external reporting purposes
- Reviewing accounting implications of existing & new contracts
- Analyzing accounting and financial reporting considerations for M&A & segment reporting
- Partner with internal & external stakeholders for Audit
- Prepare first draft of the financial statement
- Requires a minimum 5-8 years' experience working in audit at a Big 4 public accounting or 4 years at a Big 4 in audit 2 plus years in transaction services at a Big 4 or at a quality consultancy such as the Connor Group
- "Big 4" Public Accounting experience in audit serving emerging growth technology companies including the audit of revenues accounted for with ASC 985 (Software Revenue) and ASC 605 Multiple Element Arrangements
- ASC 606 Contracts with Customers experience is helpful
- Experience researching and documenting accounting conclusions on complex technical revenue accounting matters including multi-element transactions i.e., must be able to document "relative selling price", and Software revenue recognition must be able to document "VSOE"
- Familiarity with ASC 842
- Relevant level of progressive Finance and Management leadership roles with strong analytical and process skills with a track record of collaborating across a global organization.
- A demonstrated deep sense of commitment to team and company success
Requirements and Skills:
- You must be a level headed team player willing to put in the efforts needed to meet deadlines
- Extremely intelligent with excellent communication skills, all facets
- Ability to work as a business partner with all levels of management to improve processes and reporting requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently.
- Minimal travel is expected but that will vary with your home city
- Interact with managers in other functional areas of the business as well as auditors
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
- CPA required, MBA helpful
- BS Accounting or equivalent