As we create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through chemistry, we invite you to join our team to harness the power of chemistry to shape markets, redefine industries and improve lives for billions of people around the world.
Technical Accounting Manager
Chemours is seeking a Technical Accounting Manager to join our growing Finance team! This is a highly visible, key role within the Company and reports directly to the Technical Accounting Team Leader in our Wilmington, DE location.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analyzes and resolves complex accounting and reporting issues, including interpreting external technical accounting proposals and pronouncements
- Assists in directing company implementation of new accounting and reporting requirements
- Acts as resource to major business unit and corporate initiatives as technical accounting and project management expert
- Develops and implements accounting policies and procedures to ensure external financial statements are in accordance with GAAP and internal management reporting is consistent with established policies and procedures
- Interacts with all functions/departments including Controllership, Treasury, and business finance on technical accounting matters
The following is required for this role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA required
- Deep technical knowledge of US GAAP and SEC Reporting requirements
- Large, multi-national public company experience preferred
- 6 - 10 years’ experience with Big 4 preferred or industry related experience in an accounting policy or technical accounting focused role
The following is preferred for this role:
- Strong oral and written skills
- Self-directed and accountable
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Works well in teams with an ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
- Company-paid Volunteer Days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.