The Technical Accounting Manager serves as a key member of the Technical Accounting organization and is responsible for leading and supporting various initiatives around complex accounting areas and revenue recognition. This position requires partnership and communication across levels within the organization, including senior leadership, and plays an important role within the Finance & Accounting organization.
- Leads the research and conclusion on complex/judgmental accounting topics as drafts accounting whitepapers
- Coordinates drafting and review of an Accounting Review Template (ART) for significant revenue arrangements
- Provides expert accounting advice to the Sales, Finance and Legal teams regarding key contractual terms and conditions and the related impact to the Company’s financial statements
- Supports key financial reporting and equity method accounting initiatives
- Functions as a key interface with external auditors pertaining to the annual audit, quarterly reviews and resolution of significant accounting issues related to revenue recognition
- Maintains and continuously updates enterprise Accounting Policy Manual
- Supports the Company’s adoption of the new accounting standard for revenue recognition, ASC 606
- Completes other projects and assignments as directed by manager
- BS in Accounting, Finance or Business with Master’s degree preferred
- CPA required
- Seven (7) or more years accounting experience.
- Two (2) or more years of experience managing others preferred but not required.
- Large accounting firm and/or public company experience preferred with demonstrated focus on operational excellence and a successful track record of working in a dynamic, fast-paced and changing environment that is results oriented and collaborative.
- Demonstrated understanding of desired business strategic and financial objectives related to each contractual arrangement and guide legal, sales, business units and financial management on how to structure the arrangement to achieve desired objectives.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to promote ideas persuasively and work through conflicts while building positive working relationships
- Excellent organization and planning skills with ability to work well under pressure and in an environment of change
- Willingness to engage in both tactical hands-on work and strategic work as needed in order to manage and complete priorities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office suite, including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel