Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Opine/Recommend positions on key accounting topics across the GPS network by collaborating with site finance, operations, GPS Controller and VP of Finance.
· Provide guidance as to accounting treatment based upon US GAAP and align proposed decisions with the Corporate Controller Team. This will involve the reviewing (and drafting) of accounting position papers to document key decisions taken.
· Work across GPS Finance network to assess accounting positions and implications on control environment, forecasts and monthly/quarterly close.
· Lead GPS Technical Accounting Network (“TAN”)
· Provide periodic CPE training to Finance, both within GPS and broader BMS community through the TAN
· Leads discussions of accounting issue for Month End Close Process
· Lead financial review of strategic contracts, identifying key accounting issues prior to approval
· Support and help facilitate internal and external Audits, as necessary
· Support and help manage GPS monthly close, specifically working closely with the Controller team on performing financial analysis in support of corporate deliverables
· Support and help progress GPS budget and projection cycles throughout the year, working in coordination with the FP&A team members on GPS Controllers Team
· Oversee an Accounting Development Program (ADP) rotational colleague, developing their accounting knowledge and business acumen
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA required. A minimum of 8 years of accounting experience, including at least 5 years of Big 4 public accounting experience. Experience in supporting manufacturing operations preferred.
The candidate should possess:
· Strong technical accounting capabilities (US GAAP)
· A thorough understanding and practical application of ASC 330, Inventory, and 360, Property, Plant & Equipment
· An understanding of relevant upcoming accounting standards such as ASC 842, Leases and accounting standard updates (ASUs)
· A strong sense of business acumen, applying analogies and experiences to current situations where applicable to provide reasoned and supported outcomes
· Analytical skills with the ability to synthesize large data sets, develop key insights, and ability to explain such information simply to key stakeholders
· Excellent written/oral communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
· Strong accounting skills and be familiar with accounting procedures
· Strong time management and organizational skills, ability to multitask and work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
· Experience working across cross-matrix teams
· Strong Microsoft Office suite experience, primarily in Excel and PowerPoint
· Strong Financial system knowledge, primarily SAP and Cognos TM1