Do you enjoy serving and working collaboratively with your clients to help resolve complex accounting issues?
Are you interested in joining an in-demand rapidly growing practice with experienced professionals of diverse backgrounds?
Are you looking for a career that will provide you with interesting and varied professional growth opportunities?
If so, RSM's Technical Accounting Consulting (TAC) is the right fit for you!
RSM is looking for a Manager to join our new Technical Accounting Consulting (TAC) team in the Bay Area. Changing economies, new accounting policies and evolving tax regulations mean that business and professional services firms face an ever-changing business landscape. With more than 80 years of industry expertise, RSM has helped thousands of firms to achieve their business objectives. Our clients include firms in a variety of industries, including financial services, technology, and commercial to name just a few. Experienced in serving clients with a local, national or international presence, and a number of diverse organizational structures, our professionals can help develop meaningful solutions for your business.
- Manage multiple concurrent engagements within the Technical Accounting Consulting practice to provide technical accounting and financial or business advisory guidance to clients within the Technology industry
- Demonstrate intermediate to advanced knowledge of complex accounting concepts
- Provide timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations including coordinating the development and execution of the consulting work plan and client deliverables
- Collaborate directly with firm specialists/subject matter experts on complex accounting matters
- Assist in the preparation of technical memos and other client deliverables
- Supervise Audit Seniors and Supervisors on engagement teams
- Oversee engagement economics and manage appropriate resources for efficient engagement models
- Anticipate and address client concerns and escalate issues as they arise; identify performance improvement opportunities
- Understand RSM’s service lines and work as a team in providing an integrated service delivery
- Develop others within the TAC practice through mentoring, training and advising on career development or participating in other Firm initiatives
- Understand RSM’s lines of businesses, availability of services and where applicable, discuss with client management of opportunities to make valuable introductions to others in the firm
- Develop a strategy to utilize relationships external to the firm with different types of Centers of Influence to effectuate business growth
- Subscribe to and actively read industry publications and share relevant information with clients as considered applicable
- Ensure professional development through ongoing education
- Willingness to travel 10% or less of the year, depending on your clients
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or equivalent degree
- CPA/CA Certification (other related professional certifications may apply)
- 5+ years of current or recent experience in a financial reporting or technical accounting capacity with experience in the technology industry
- Excellent team and project management skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of audit services with knowledge of GAAP, IFRS, and FASB regulations
- A proven record of building profitable, sustainable client relationships
- Minimum of 4 years of team lead or in-charge experience overseeing staff on multiple engagements
- Previous experience in managing large and small projects related to IFRS Conversions, Revenue Recognition, Reviewing Business Models, Impairment Analysis, IPO transaction support, Fair Value Accounting, Lease Accounting, and VIE Analysis
- A successful record of directing and deploying staff and senior associates on multiple, simultaneous engagements