Vocera has one mission: to simplify and improve the lives of healthcare professionals, patients, and families. Founded in 2000, we changed the way care teams communicate.
Today, we continue to offer the leading platform for clinical communication and workflow. About 1,400 hospitals and health systems around the world use Vocera solutions.
Our platform provides software for voice, secure text messaging, and patient engagement. It integrates with more than 120 clinical and operational systems: EHRs, nurse call, physiologic monitors, and more, with event-driven alarm management.
Our wide choice of devices includes smartphones and hands-free wearables. Vocera is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with offices in Tennessee, Indiana, Canada, India, United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom.
Vocera is seeking a tenacious, customer-focused Technical Account Manager to work as a key member of our field services team. In this role you will coordinate problem resolution activities for large and strategic customers that have a direct support relationship with Vocera.
The Technical Account Manager is the “trusted advisor” to project managers and systems administrators at client sites to ensure successful implementation and support of Vocera’s solutions across assigned customer organizations. This position reports to the Manager, Technical Account Management.
Your primary objective will be to provide remote support to worldwide customers working cross-functionally with worldwide team members. This may require you to work outside of normal business hours, adjusting your schedule as needed.
- Manage the technical relationship with named customers, including jointly planning activities, tracking open issues, coordinating resources, and documenting status; resolve issues, facilitate communications and identify resources
- Manage the resolution of complex technical issues, often involving multiple vendor support organizations as well as the customer’s IT organization; vendors may include middleware, wireless technology, telephony and clinical applications
- Be the “voice of the customer” within Vocera for our largest, most strategic, healthcare customers; anticipate and resolve customer technical and organizational challenges which slow the rate of expansion
- Coordinate customer-facing technical communications, including regular conference calls and written reports to inform, track and manage issues
- Design and manage service programs to address specific issues in Vocera’s customer base as needed
- As a key member of new product introduction teams, plan and lead customer-facing activities for beta programs; participate in services readiness planning for new products
- Educate customers and partners on critical success factors for Vocera implementations
- Coordinate activities with the Vocera Sales, Services and Engineering teams
- Technical expertise with databases, wireless networking, mobile voice clients, system administration, and distributed systems architectures
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Expert writing skills and extreme competence developing customer facing documentation
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to create win-win outcomes in difficult environments
- Self-starter and self-managing; able to work independently in a home office environment; efficient, organized, and able to manage competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate professionally with customers, partners and internal teams; able to listen well
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced vendor environment with high expectations and limited resources
- Build expertise of Vocera Voice system design, deployment, administration as well as end user training
- BA or BS degree preferably in Business, MIS or Technical field, or equivalent
- Experience working with international health systems strongly preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a customer-facing technical services or project management role, preferably in a healthcare environment
- Direct experience managing systems implementations in clinical environments working in-person with a variety of healthcare staff at multiple levels of the organization including the C-suite
- Experience managing customer relationships through all phases of the system implementation lifecycle
- Proficient at effectively managing cross-functional and cross-vendor teams; with a strong ability to influence
- Proven track record of managing challenging customer situations with positive outcomes
- Passport or the ability to obtain a passport to accommodate international travel to include the UK, Middle-East and Australia
- Travel 15-25%; more travel may be required