What you’ll be doing…
As a Technical Account Manager, you will work directly with customers to anticipate, identify and address their technical concerns and requests. You will act as a liaison between the customer, Sales team, Technical Support, and Engineering to drive issues to resolution.
You will be responsible to monitor and ensure SLA response times are met for assigned accounts. You have excellent project management skills and customer-focused consultative approach to Technical Support.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- Advocate customer needs and concerns to Support Management, Sustaining Engineering and/or Development and partner with them in finding resolutions to customer issues.
- Partner with clients and help them follow best practices and optimize use of Tableau Software.
- Coordinate resources as needed to meet and exceed customer needs, while managing customer expectations to prevent overload or missed deadlines
- Contribute to Tableau knowledge, community, and training resources on topics that help Tableau provide customers with solutions. Extensively research and document customer software and technical issues as Knowledge Base articles as appropriate.
- Collaborate with team lead to identify high priority issues and partner with Development and Quality Engineering teams when required.
- Communicate consistently with management regarding key support cases and priority issues.
- Maintain excellent relationships with Tableau customers by applying superb customer service and technical skills. Perform in-depth troubleshooting to identify root cause while understanding the customer’s skill level and communicating with them in the manner most appropriate. Use excellent judgment in when and how to communicate with customer for maximum effectiveness and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate and consult with select server and core server clients to implement successful server launches, and to resolve highly complex technical issues associated with deployment.
- Apply in-depth troubleshooting and debugging skills along with knowledge of systems, databases, and applications to get to root cause of the customer’s issue. Set up test environments to mirror customer set-up, write test scripts, and perform tests using customer’s data or representative data. Apply solid test methodology and debugging skills to narrow down the problem as needed. Communicate effectively to Sustaining Engineering step-by-step instructions to reproduce the issue and findings to identify root cause.
- Partner with clients and help them optimize the use of Tableau software by using skill in listening and understanding the customer’s request thoroughly combined with in-depth technical knowledge to assist them in the manner most appropriate. Build strong cross-functional working relationships with Engineering and Product Management.
Who you are…
- Experienced. 4+ years demonstrated experience supporting and troubleshooting commercial end user software applications. Experience supporting enterprise level, mission-critical applications.
- Educated. BA/BS quantitative/technical degreepreferred, but degrees and equivalent work experience will also be considered
- Technically Savvy. 4+ years of experience with databases, SQL, and Windows Server. Linux experience also preferred. Strong understanding of networking, server set-up and administration, including troubleshootingexperience with internet architectures, firewalls, proxy servers, reverse proxy servers, and web servers.
- Detail oriented. Nothing gets overlooked when it comes to you.
- Amazing Salesperson. You have a desire, even an obsession, to bring new customers into the Tableau franchise and maximize revenue. You are a closer.
- Excellent Communication. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it. Must have the ability to empathize with customers and convey confidence. Able to explain highly technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Domain. Strong understanding of relational databases; understanding of enterprise data warehouse techniques, OLAP etc.
- Energy and Enthusiasm. You believe in what we’re doing and won’t stop at anything to deliver on your goals.
- You are a Recruiter ! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!"