- Bachelor's degree in CS, Engineering, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in a customer-facing role, working with stakeholders and driving customer technical implementations or transformation programs.
- Experience supporting customers in one of the following: cloud operations (launch and capacity planning, product release management), technical support, escalation management, IT consulting.
About the job
- MBA or Master's degree in a management, technical, or engineering field with 7 years of customer-facing experience.
- Experience in application/workload migration to public cloud providers.
- Experience collaborating with channel partners, systems integrators, and third-party developers to deliver high-impact solutions.
- Experience collaborating across business units internally and at large enterprises. Experience translating business requirements into technological solutions.
- Understanding of one of the following: IT operations, database systems, networking, IT security, application development, service architecture, cloud-native application development, hosted services, storage systems, or content delivery networks.
- Excellent communication, presentation, problem solving, and management skills.
Our Professional Services Organization in Google Cloud delivers product and implementation expertise to our strategic customers to help them get the most out of their Google Cloud investments.As a Technical Account Manager (TAM), you will draw on customer-facing skills and technical expertise to help customers successfully adopt Google Cloud analytics products. Your previous experience with business intelligence tools, analytics program management, enterprise technology implementation, strategy development and customer advocacy will play a critical part in your day to day work driving success at our most critical customers.
You will drive the successful adoption of products like Looker and BigQuery at leading organizations, guiding them through the strategic and technical decisions required for a successful Business Intelligence modernization journey. As a TAM, you will regularly engage with diverse stakeholder groups, including executives of large enterprises and a cross-functional and geographically dispersed team. A successful TAM utilizes their relationship management skills and technical credibility to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization. You will also travel (domestically and internationally) approximately 25% of the time.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google's cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems. Responsibilities
- Accelerate customer adoption of Google Cloud by leading the implementation journey. Provide technical guidance and manage timelines, milestones, migration goals, and business transformation strategies.
- Advocate for customer needs in order to overcome adoption blockers and drive new feature development. Oversee multiple work streams and teams to maintain customer momentum.
- Develop relationships with stakeholders to understand a customer's business and develop strategic roadmaps. Lead quarterly business reviews and executive sessions to better understand business and technical needs.
- Plan for customer events and launches, partnering with Support, Engineering, and Site Reliability Engineering to ensure customer success. Work with customers and Support to guide issues/escalations to resolution.
- Develop best practices and assets based on learnings from customer engagements to support initiatives to scale through partners and accelerate cloud adoption.