Technical Account Manager
Industrial Equipment & Supply
Our client develops, manufactures, integrates and provides factory automation / robotic systems and solutions to industries throughout North America. Specializing in machine tool automation, de-burring, inspection and assembly, they partner with their customers to create more efficient, safer and flexible operations.
The Account Manager maintains and expands relationships with strategically important key customers and identifies/qualifies new potential customers that fit our strategic objectives. Assigned to multiple customers, the Account Manager is responsible for achieving the company sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives. The Account Manager represents the entire range of company systems, solutions and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company. The Account Manager reports to the Vice President of Sales.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned accounts. Identifies prospective companies where opportunities exists and develops new strategic partnerships
- Continuously searches for and identifies prospective customers and opportunities
- Coordinates on-site plant visits to identify and qualify new opportunities for our factory automation solutions and leads the pre-sales efforts
- Assesses customer’s requirements, collects and organizes all data & information, qualifies opportunity, conceptualizes automation solutions and works closely with the company team to layout and detail proposed automation systems.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel including engineering, service, production, and in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Creates presentations outlining and highlighting our strengths and capabilities; presents effectively to customer and prospects
- Works closely with sales engineers to create, customize and present detailed proposals that accurately and effectively demonstrate how our solutions benefit the customer’s operation
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales and strategic objectives
- Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a 3year period
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Forecasts period sales; develops and executes effective plans to achieve company objectives
- Overnight travelrequired
- Experience managing multiple accounts in the industrial automation, manufacturing and/or capital equipment industry
- Technical background with a solid understanding manufacturing processes
- Detail oriented, excellent communication skills and history of creating and managing account relationships
- College degreepreferred
- Team oriented individual with experienceworking withinternal departments
- Ability to assess automation opportunities, conceptualize potential solutions and perform ROI calculations for economic justification