The purpose of the Technical Account Manager (TAM) is to maintain and build long term working relationships with established client base. This position requires visits to client sites to perform customer care calls with site contacts. The TAM will have industry recognized technical certifications, will allow them to generate targeted quotes for products and directly assist with the technical needs of clients. The TAM must be focused on customer service, be a team player, be very detail oriented, and willing to perform a wide array of job duties.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sells Alaska Communications products by analyzing customer needs, identifying unique Alaska Communications solutions, conducting high level presentations, closing sales and ensuring proper implementation.
- Develop customer loyalty and identify business opportunities by performing quarterly account reviews within assigned territory.
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with accounts to ensure a positive customer experience and maximizes sales opportunities. Respond to all customer inquiries within 24 hours.
- Target accounts for business development. Develop leads for potential customers through community events, professional organizations, professional contacts and other appropriate means.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with internal employees. Takes initiative to improve processes that will enhance customer satisfaction and/or increase company profitably.
- Consistently update detailed customer profiles, sales activities and contact information. Provide proposals for Support Agreements to assigned clients.
- Communicate regularly with clients and internal staff via phone, email and onsite visits.
- Use database and scheduling software to accurately record client information and effectively manage activities related to client relations and the sales process.
- Prepare and present regular progress reports to management. Track and follow up on all pre sales activities, to include: track mileage, expense and earned commissions.
- Customer Focused -- Keeping customer interests paramount as a key to success. Driven by a commitment to customer service that creates customer loyalty and retention.
- Accountability -- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Sales Ability -- Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
- Relationship Building -- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Technical Aptitude -- Ability to quickly learn and use complex systems and applications.
- Business Acumen -- Ability to communicate with a high degree of professionalism (written/verbal), effective at decision making, able to forecast sales accurately and analyze financial information.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or closely related field. Equivalent education, experience and training may be substituted for the degree requirement on a year for year basis plus five (5) years of experience in a customer service or sales environment, with four (4) years experience in workstation and server management, new program installation, machine setup, problem identification and resolution. Telecommunications or IT experiencepreferred. Certifications in A+, Network +, and MCITP: EA or SA required. Demonstrated proficiency working with the Microsoft Office suite, to include Word, Excel, Access and Outlook required. Experience with Centricity and other EMR solutions preferred.