The Technical Communication team works with the engineering teams, subject matter experts, and other stakeholders to create content to support F5 products. The Technical Communication team is constantly looking for new ways to ensure customers successfully deploy F5 technology. This position provides the opportunity to enhance your content creation abilities using the latest tools and methods to create and publish customer facing content. Work in a creative and highly productive environment and grow your product knowledge and career. Work individually and as part of a team of dedicated professionals who produce the highest quality of product documentation with a focus on the customer.
- Create technical product content
- Interview subject matter experts to gain an understanding of the features/functionality being documented
- Contribute content during all phases of projects
- Work in a team on multiple, concurrent projects
- Attend feature requirement meetings and provide writing level of effort
- Participate in cross functional planning meetings
- Use department standards, styles, processes, and methods when performing all tasks
- Provide updates to managers, project partners and team members as needed
- Learn to use the technical communication tools used to create content
- Participate in internal and external training programs
- Organize and facilitate content review process
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience using industry standard writing and publishingtechnologies and practices such as XML, Markdown, and Markdown variants.
- Experience using source control workflows such as Git or Perforce
- Experience with workflows to generate documentation from code
- Exceptional writing skills
- Ability to establish successful relationships across a variety of disciplines
- Ability to work and meet deadlines
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Job may require working outside normal business hours (evenings and weekends).
- BA or BS degree in Technical Publications, English, or related degree
- Three to five years in technical content creation
- One to three years working in the tech industry