PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Technical Support Engineer will be working closely with Gov. Reporting team to perform information exchange with external applications in secure environment. Provide technical support to clinical data specialists and other clinical users. Understanding new releases and work with Fresenius team to provide assistance with design, development and support.
Support FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adhere to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Technical Support Engineer, understand functional requirements, develop and support technical components for Gov reporting applications and associated systems. Learn and obtain working knowledge, gain understanding to support interfaces to exchange data with external entities. Prepare run guide and functional document to support Gov. Reporting needs. Responsible for release coordination and technical component documentation for assist with specific integration efforts.
- Understand and internalize the project mission and associated company objectives for the effort.
- Gov. Reporting data files upload and download from Gov. systems using secure exchange mechanism.
- Upload Errors, failures files to GUI Applications for CW, NHSN,QIP, DFC programs.
- Compose functional requirement documentations per CMS rules changes.
- Learn and adopt standard coding practices for Gov. reporting projects.
- Prepare technical specifications and release plans as needed.
- Creative participation from design specification and analysis through interface development, initial and volume testing, production moves and post-production support.
- Conduct thorough unit and string tests. Support system integration and quality assurance testing.
- Provide support for scheduled jobs execution, monitoring and production support.
- Impart best practices and guidance to others in development team.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired
- Jr. level experience with software support, development and documentation.
- Experience with relational database using Oracle
- Experience with SQL queries tuning
- Experience with Secure connectivity and File transfer protocols (FTP)
- Experience providing technical support to internal and external teams.
- Relational database development experience – especially Oracle SQL queries and MS SQLServer, MS Access.
- Experience with Healthcare standards like HIPAA and SOX is plus.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of software development lifecycle and methodologies spanning development, testing, release and deployment management.
- Good communication and writing skills.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 – 5 years’ related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
Job ID 18000EWA