Industry: Manufacturing / Packaging•
Less than 5 years
Posted 372 days agoby Bella Maryanovsky
JOB DESCRIPTION - CLIENT ADHESIVES
Position Title: Technical Service Representative
Department: Tech Service
Reports to: Regional Manager
Exempt Status: Salaried exempt
Date Prepared: Updated on 5/5/14
Position Summary: LOCATION IS WEST COAST
The position supports the sales effort within a region by servicing and troubleshooting customer adhesive and mechanical problems. On occasions, may be required to travel to other regions serviced by Client to assist customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Visits existing customers to identify any problems they have on their corrugators or with Client’s products. Troubleshoots corrugators to assess the process to see where the trouble lies (starch related or machine related) and formulates adhesives or fixes mechanical issues to solve the problem.
· Performs audits quarterly to check starch levels, corrugator temperatures, product quality, and corrugator process.
· Perform product demos to run Client products through customer machines at the request of customers or client.
· As needed, makes joint sales call with Sales Rep. to introduce a new product, an R&D event, or to prospect a new account.
· Prepares administrative paperwork such as expense reports (weekly) and updates online schedule (weekly) at least one week in advance.
· Updates account contact information as learn of changes.
· Prepares service/auditreports on visits or significant telephone conversations.
· Coordinates schedule through Regional Manager and Sales Rep.
· Build strong business relationships.
· Performs other duties as necessary in support of the company’s sales goals.
3+ years experience involving knowledge of corrugator process.
· Technical computer skills and knowledge of Excel and Word preferred for report preparation, audits and troubleshooting.
· Must have the ability and intelligence necessary to technically troubleshoot both adhesive and corrugator problems.
· Must be able to use instruments to check heat and viscosity.
· Must be able to formulate adhesives sometimes under pressure.
· Must have excellent communication skills to relate well with all levels of plant personnel.
· Must be able to plan and perform work independently. Must be a self-starter.
· Must have excellent people skills and be able to build and maintain good people relationships both with the crew and management in a corrugated box plant.
· Must be able to work flexible hours Monday through Friday and occasionally on weekends. Is often required to work with all three shifts when running a trial/demo.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
· Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
Supervision given: This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Supervision received: This position receives some direct supervision, but the position is performed with considerable independence. Most supervision is done by telephone.
Equipment / Materials Used:
· Frequently uses hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
The work environment described here is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.