Location: Toronto, Canada
Exiger Tech is an experienced team of software professionals with a wide range of specialties and interests. We are building cognitive-computing based technology solutions to help organizations worldwide prevent compliance breaches, respond to risk, remediate major issues and monitor ongoing business activities.
This is a full-time opportunity located in Toronto, Ontario.
We are looking for a talented Senior Linux Infrastructure Engineer to join our Toronto team. We are moving our Java-based applications and services to a microservices architecture running on Kubernetes in the cloud. You will be working with a growing team of developers, data scientists and QA engineers on maintaining our existing services and infrastructure, while building the next generation of our engineering stack.
- Deploy, improve, and maintain highly available systems and services on both traditional servers and cloud infrastructure services.
- Maintain and build systems following infrastructure-as-code principles. Tools we use include Terraform, Ansible, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Nexus, Git.
- Get involved in projects, learn and suggest new solutions, and be challenged to find creative new solutions or build your own.
- Participate in an on-call rotation, including off-hours and holidays. We focus on continuous improvement and fixing the root cause of issues.
- Set, maintain and raise a level of technical excellence within the team and across the other engineering teams.
Knowledge & Skills
- Very comfortable with all aspects of running applications and infrastructure services on Linux servers and containers (Ubuntu, Alpine).
- Solid understanding of network architecture and security in a cloud environment (VPCs, subnets, security groups, firewalls).
- Experience managing and configuring SQL and NoSQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis) and clusters (tuning, backups, replication).
- Proficiency with designing and troubleshooting scalable web services and applications, message queues (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka), proxies and load-balancers (Nginx, HAProxy, Squid).
- Write clean, modular and maintainable code in a scripting language (Shell, Python, Ruby) and configuration language (Terraform, Ansible).
- Familiarity with container schedulers (Kubernetes) and related security best practices.
- Follow infrastructure as code principles and automate all stages of the application lifecycle (Git, Jenkins, Nexus, Spinnaker).
- Ensure that all infrastructure, services and applications have comprehensive monitoring, metrics and log collection (ELK, Datadog, Prometheus).
- Understanding of disaster recovery strategies including multi-region deployments, RTO, RPO.
Professional Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Infrastructure Engineering and Operations.
- Experience with Solr or Hadoop would be considered an asset.
At Exiger we work everyday to make the world a safer place to do business in. Our experts and technology help clients prevent breaches, respond to risk, remediate issues and monitor activities. We are searching for people who think creatively to solve complex problems related to governance, risk and compliance thus delivering first class solutions for our corporate and government partners.
Exiger's core values are courage, excellence, expertise, innovation, integrity, teamwork and trust.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.