Job ID 559247BR
The Product Manager will have an extensive background in software engineering with excellent solution design skills. The Product Manager must have the ability to communicate effectively with software engineering teams at a technical level and effectively communicate with non-technical team members to ensure all constituents have a complete and accurate understanding of solutions being developed. The Product Manager must have the ability to document processes, procedures, and best practices for the supported platforms and have the ability to filter and facilitate prioritization with stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge and experience developing custom applications on the ServiceNow platform.
- Experience working and communicating with vendors providing PaaS, SaaS, or aPaaS offerings and working through incident resolution and product enhancement requests.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with diverse audience in a technical and non-technical manner.
- Strong understanding of multiple development methodologies including Agile.
- Ability to develop epics and stories in Jira or similar tools.
- Perform as first point contact for team to filter issues and prioritize future enhancments.
- Past experience transitioning growing technologies within an organization to enterprise ready platforms.
- Previous experience defining and documenting technology best practices.
- Prior experience developing outward facing wiki sites targeted at technical consumers evaluating platform and providing self-service capabilities to consumers.
- Strong understanding of product management with focus on technology platforms and developing roadmaps for technology offerings.
- Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team.
- Strong understanding of test automation benefits.
- Experience in organization running fully automated, end-to-end CI/CD processes.
- Strong understanding of software enginnering and developing applications with a sense of forward and backward compatibility being considered in designs.
- Experience building dashboards and with a understanding of logging best practices, log aggregation with tools such as Splunk.
- Extensive background and understanding of the ServiceNow platform and development of applications on the platform.
- Five to eight years of progressively related experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems.
- Experience in organizations practicing Agile best practices.
SIGNIFICANT KNOWLEDGE OF TECHNOLOGIES AND CONCEPTS
- XML, JSON
- APIs (SOAP & REST)
- HTML, CSS
- SQL, Database Design
- Ruby, Python or other Scripting Languages
- Software Performance Optimization
- Testing Technologies
- Automated Monitoring and Monitoring Tools
- Logging, Log Aggregation, Dashboards
- Experience with tools such as Confluence and Jira
- SCRUM/Agile Certification
- ServiceNow Certification
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or related work experience.