About The Team
Our Innovation product team is seeking an experienced product lead with a desire to build and launch industry-leading innovative products. This strategic role should operate at the forefront of what is possible to solve the human-centric problems of the future. You will have a tremendous opportunity to grow in a well- funded innovation arm and make a strategic impact. We believe this is an exciting opportunity, working on initiatives of significant opportunity and scale. You'll be in the middle of the action - eCommerce is at the core of WSI's growth (70% of company sales) and will continue to fuel our success.
About The Role
Reporting to the VP of Technology Innovation, the Innovation lead will play a pivotal role in accelerating the path of innovation across diverse business problems by providing a set of potential solutions to improve existing experiences.
The ideal candidate is a curious, creative, and proactive problem solver with a passion for innovation and disruption. They will be visionary and will have the chops to evaluate and advocate different sets of solutions with a consumer-centric lens coupled with strong communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally to influence others. They will take responsibility to make that vision a reality.
- Own and set the vision, roadmap, and direction of Innovation in tight collaboration with diverse teams eg, eCommerce, Supply Chain, Stores Technology.
- Collaborate with teams across the company to gather insights and find opportunities for us to improve in diverse areas to work for the solutions of the future and not just the present.
- Craft a long term vision for what the ideal set of solutions look like and a roadmap to get us thereby bringing a fresh perspective on existing problems.
- Build a comprehensive set of solutions for dynamic retail problems in a way that maximizes long term value for customers, business stakeholders, and WSI.
- Measure and develop goal metrics to ensure the product strategy has actionable measurement plans.
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience in product management or a hybrid of product & engineering.
- Awareness and pulse of innovation in the industry in areas including but not limited to Machine Learning, Robotics, Augmented Reality, IoT, and Mobile.
- Strong technical foundation and ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and evaluate new ideas with partners across the organization.
- Comfort level with running queries and pulling your own data if needed.
- Entrepreneurial spirit - self-starter and taking initiative.
- Strong comfort level with ambiguity and being scrappy. Ability to pivot quickly.
- Strong drive towards execution; you're a can-do type of person and willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Bachelor's degree or more in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or Engineering. An equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience will be considered -- we care more about your work experience than what you did in college.
We believe in People First
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy and high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer experiences. Our DEI initiatives prompt associate participation and engagement, aligning with our core vision to reflect the communities where we do business and put people first.
Benefits Just for You
Depending on your position and your location, here are a few highlights of what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brands
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial, and emotional health
Your Journey in Continued Learning
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Resources for self-development
- Advisor (Mentor) program
- Career development workshops and learning programs
- Speaker series