The Tech Ops Specialist will be an ambassador of Netflix production technology. He/She will embody the passion for transformation and workflow advancements utilizing brand new creative technologies. This role will be a point of contact for technology support for our productions with expertise in how productions utilize software now and in the future. The Tech Ops Specialist is one part production, one part cloud-based software, and one part hardware infrastructure. He/She must have a working knowledge of current web-based software trends, both within entertainment and outside of entertainment. He/She will assess technical infrastructure needs for production build-outs (stages and offices) and provide hardware via internal resources and external vendors. Passion for change and creative thinking is a must.
- Production Technology POC -Act as the primary technical point of contact and develop personal relationships related to the advancement oftechnology with our productions.-Work within productionsecurityguidelines to encourage safe collaboration of Netflix production data.
- Product -Create a feedback loop for production tools in order to develop amastery of production software and the workflows.
- Training -Production specific G-Suite training.-Build training material: devise creative, unique, and scalable training solutions and support techniques for our production personnel.
- Support -Single POC for productiontechnology needs: support requests will come in via tickets, emails, phone calls and automated alerts.-Astechnology develops, operationalize support models and generate run-book plans for remote support.-Work hand-in-hand with NERDS remote support and DevOps engineering support via support escalation models.
- IT -IT support for the productionaccountants-Own the automation of the on-premise hardware requests (i.e. vending machines)-Build out ITtechnology needs for new stages-Administration for G-Suite andinternaltechnology solutions on top of the Google platform.-IT equipment procurement and delivery: Imaging machines, maintaining stock, configuring andtroubleshooting printers and scanners and equipment deliveries. -Refine all methods of hardware selection,inventory management and ITvendor relations by partnering with NERDS and Purchasing.
- Production Office Build-Outs -Partner with productions, Systems Management, NetworkInfrastructure, and A/V on assessing and delivering on technical infrastructure needs.-Deploy production office technology (computers, printers, AV, applications, wireless) to our productions.-Partner with third party sources vendors when applicable.
- Entertainment Industry Experience -5-10+years within entertainment productiontechnology includingexperience with production office applications (Scenechronize, Final Draft, Office, etc.)-Keen understanding of current production, post, vfx, prod accounting workflows and howtechnology is used (and will be used in future) and a knowledge of production/post productioninfrastructurerequirements.
- IT -A minimum of 3 years of IT or Desktop Support/System Administration-Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; local and network based user and group accounts and permissions-Knowledge of imaging and sys mgmt software including Landesk and Jamf-Experience supporting Cloud and SaaS Applications and SSO: G-Suite including Gmail, Calendaring, Drive, Sites, and Groups and AWS.-In depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on Mac OS, Windows 7,8 & 10, and various applications including Office and Adobe software-Solid working knowledge of Mac and Lenovo hardware including laptops & desktops-Mobile device support including iPhone, Android, Windows