- Implement, configure, and support infrastructure and application management tools including log management, availability, and performance monitoring tools
- Define and standardize a proactive monitoring approach supporting a global company that includes best practices and operational standards
- Provide analysis on trends to assist with capacity planning
- Guide teams on the development of operational dashboards that provide real-time and historical analysis
- Provision, configure and maintain on premise and cloud resources including server instances, load balancers, firewalls, security policies, DNS management, SSL certificates, etc.
- Performance tuning, troubleshooting and diagnosis in development and production environments
- Provide 24/7 on-call support on rotating schedule
- Bachelors degree in computer sciences or equivalent experience
- Experience administering log management and analytical tools (Sumo Logic preferred)
- Experience deploying and administering application performance monitoring (APM) tools, e.g. DynaTrace, New Relic
- Extensive hands-on experience with monitoring instrumentation for .NET applications and SQL Server databases
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring tools, e.g. Zenoss, Solarwinds, SCOM
- Strong development and scripting abilities: Ruby, Python, PowerShell, SQL, Bash, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure automation and configuration management platforms such as Chef, Terraform, or Puppet
- Working knowledge of container orchestration technologies
- Solid understanding of CI/CD principles and Agile methodologies
- Cloud experience is required, Microsoft Azure experience is a plus
- Advanced technical skills with proven expertise and experience in technologies used in the Newgistics infrastructure to include Microsoft operating systems, Active Directory, Linux, VMware, LAN/WAN knowledge and experience
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills with the ability to work independently to solve problems under pressure and to manage multiple projects / priorities under time constraints
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Requires the ability to communicate effectively with end users, management, vendors, etc.