The blue thread that ties them all together is Wyndham Rewards®, the richest and simplest rewards program in the business. Wyndham Rewards has revolutionized the loyalty landscape, offering members a simple-to-use, generous points-earning structure along with a flat, free night redemption rate – the first of its kind for a major rewards program. Wyndham Rewards® members – over 53 million and counting – have the chance to earn and redeem points for hundreds of rewards options around the world every day.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J., with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and other cities, Wyndham Hotel Group employs over 8,800 associates worldwide.
The Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) Technical Manager is responsible for design, development and implementation of software programs for the Oracle EBS and CRM Applications. The Technical Manager provides accounting and functional subject matter experience, application development support, and leadership for the Oracle EBS implementation, enhancements and upgrade projects. This role, translates business and functional requirements into technical approach, solution, and technical design specifications. The Technical Manager works with the business SME’s to derive business requirements, leads solution design, prototyping, testing, and deployment of Configuration/Customization, Extension, Modification, Localization and Integration (CEMLI) and Forms customizations to Oracle EBS and performs application configuration in support of the stated business requirements and solution designs. This role will collaborate with vendors and provide integration support across a large scale IT program with multiple projects/vendors involved. The Technical Manager analyzes and troubleshoots complex system and user issues and coordinates issue resolution efforts across peer support groups, technical support teams, and vendors as needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyzes business needs to help ensure Oracle solution meets the customer’s objectives by combining industry best practices and product knowledge.
- Serves as Oracle applications Subject Matter Expert and leads the solution design and implementation aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality, integrated software solutions within constraints of time and budget.
- Selects methods and techniques to deliver functional and technical solutions on non-routine and complex aspects of applications and technology installations.
- Provides direction to project teams.
- Ability to work on building application strategy and roadmaps.
- Setup, configure, implement, test and validate Oracle EBS application modules and extensions.
- Develop, review and execute the System Test Scripts, perform end to end functional testing of business processes.
- Ability to understand business and accounting processes, lead business requirement definition sessions and prepare detailed functional design specifications.
- Work on Business process reengineering, System Requirements Gathering, Analysis, Solution Design & Development, Testing and Implementation.
- Guide users in formulating requirements, advice on alternatives and on the implications of new or revised processing analysis.
- Ability to create application/system solutions prototype and proof of concepts, and demonstrate to business teams.
- Creates quality project plans, manages dashboard reports, issues lists, risk logs, cross-functional team requirements and group presentations.
- Design, estimate, propose, build, and document solutions and systems based on Oracle technology offerings in a complex environment.
- Act as a primary liaison for all Oracle EBS suite users for project related activities.
- Ability to work with and manage onsite and offshore development and implementation teams.
- Develop, document and enforce application standards and procedures. Review Functional/Technical Design and implementation documents for utmost quality.
- Define and implement procedures based on corporate policy and SOX compliance.
- Adhere to and perform all functions in accordance with SDLC, Change Management and SOX compliance policies.
- Work with Oracle support to resolve product related bugs and patch upgrades in conjunction with appropriate technical resources.
- Ensures overall success of a wide range of projects of varying levels of complexity, including project initiation and planning, testing, implementation, and closeout.
- Establishes and maintains positive business relationships with managers and staff in their functional areas, demonstrating a thorough understanding of the business, their processes, and their priorities, and ensures that system functionality and performance meet current and future business requirements.
- Prepare user training guides and conduct training workshops when needed.
- Assist with the planning of application changes, and installation of upgrades and new releases. This involves interacting with IT teams, Business Process Owners and Infrastructure teams
- Interface with a large customer base to understand their needs and priorities, and communicate to upper management.
- Self-directed leader with a proven record of success with a blend of technology and business experience.
- Serves as the Project Manager for the projects, as well as engage in vendor management for projects requiring in-depth systems knowledge.
- Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical, and professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
Hands-on Oracle EBS R12 solution design, development, implementation, and management experience.
Must be an expert in functional aspects of Oracle EBS.
Experience with designing, configuring and implementing Oracle EBS
Experience with CRM Applications, Oracle Install Base, Service Contracts, Tele-Service, Advanced Pricing, Customer Online, CRM Foundation and TCA Customer Model.
Understanding of Business Processes utilizing Oracle Application flows across the Oracle EBS.
Strong understanding of US GAAP Accounting
Basic proficiency in SQL, PL/SQL and using TOAD or similar product
Experience with Application Object Library (AOL), Concurrent Manager and Flex fields.
Experience with designing CEMLIs (Configuration/Customization, Extension, Modification, Localization and Integration).
Experience with SDLC and Possess application management in an Oracle Environment with at least two full life cycle oracle implementation in a functional or a techno-functional capacity.
Working knowledge of Oracle Applications API’s
Excellent analytical skills, time management skills, ability to prioritize and multi task, ability to routinely make effective and timely decisions in alignment with departmental direction is required.
Ability to work collaboratively with team members to ensure coordinated efforts and clear communication.
Excellent written and oral presentation skills
Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with all levels of personnel in discussions and explanations of complex systems.
Ability to manage projects and to effectively work as part of a team on larger projects.
Flexible, self-directed and motivated individual, able to accommodate to shifting priorities.
Group facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills.
Strong collaboration skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
Successful Customer facing experience and effective team collaboration.
An ideal candidate will be committed to the values, mission and goals of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Organization.
- 5+ years of proven experience related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Must have 3 years of experience leading a team on EBS initiatives having ownership and accountability for solutions across multiple business units.
- Certified Public Accountant or 5 years of corporate accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, information systems, accounting, or a business related field of experience related to the duties and responsibilities specified.