- To work with some of the best professionals in the business - for a firm that values individual intellect as much as teamwork
- State-of-the-art offices that are designed to maximize collaboration
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- An environment which is leveraging technology to its highest potential
Enterprise Technology & Services (ETS) delivers shared technology services for the Firm supporting all business applications and end users. ETS provides capabilities for all stages of the Firm’s software development lifecycle, enabling productive coding, functional and integration testing, application releases, and ongoing monitoring and support for over 3,000 production applications.
ETS also delivers all workplace technologies (desktop, mobile, voice, video, productivity, intranet/internet) in integrated configurations that boost the personal productivity of our employees. Application and end user services are delivered on a scalable, secure, and reliable infrastructure composed of seamlessly integrated datacenter, network, compute, cloud, storage, and database services.
The EC Web Service team is part of the Enterprise Computing Organization of Morgan Stanley. Our global team operates the core infrastructure supporting Application Delivery and Web hosting across Morgan Stanley, providing services to both internal and external clients.
Our infrastructure includes F5/A10 Load Balancer environment, Apache, Tomcat, Websphere, Windows IIS servers, and in-house web-hosting platform. It is a large-scale and complex plant with highly automated tooling and intelligence built in. Most recently the team adopts best practise of Agile/Devops and is in the transition to SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) model.
This role is for senior technical lead in the Linux based Web hosting Level 3/SWAT team based in Montreal. The key products include Tomcat/Apache/Lightstreamer/Edge/Akamai
Our day-to-day responsibilities also include:
- Supporting a high number of application flows in an enterprise environment providing cloud-like experience for developers, especially key trading application platform and Wealth Management systems.
- Analyze the infrastructure requirements for Enterprise Business applications and providing the required capacity, tooling and applications support for the production Environments.
- Address L2 and L3 escalations, run outage bridges, manage ITIL process
- Change management, Incident management and Problem management
- Drive migration projects and hygiene projects. Collaborate with partner teams to achieve the goal.
- Process improvement, automation, scripting
- Provide technical training to junior members and users.
- Over 8 years of experience in enterprise-level web-hosting and/or load balancing environment
- Deep understanding of Apache, Tomcat web hosting product
- Strong knowledge of WebSphere, Lightstreamer and load balancing<
- Strong knowledge internet and networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS
- Strong understanding of security protocols, e.g. SSL/TLS, Kerberos
- Comfortable with system administration of Linux
- Knowledge of ITIL (change management, incident management, and problem management)
- Leadership, management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and high pressure situations for outage handling, management or resolution
- Effective communication with various user groups (developers, engineers) as well as remote team members
- Familiar with at least one scripting language: Perl, Python, Powershell, Shell
- Drive to learn about new technologies, techniques and what it takes to be an integral member of this team