As a Tech Lead at SPIDR Tech you’ll help coordinate an engineering team while you build and maintain solutions that allow the police to serve their communities better, every day.
This position is full-time remote and you can be based anywhere in the United States.
How you can help
- Devote 20 to 30 percent of your time aligning the technical direction of a small engineering team and the rest of your time as a strong hands-on technical contributor.
- Drive forward. Our products allow police to provide modern responsiveness and customer service to their communities. We use Ruby on Rails, React, Postgres, and other good things. Wield these tools for great good and help us decide what’s next.
- Collaborate. We’re a tight-knit company with sales, product, deployment and engineering working closely together to make it all happen. You’ll be able to interact across the company and do interesting things throughout our stack.
- Reliability. First responders and citizens deserve the highest level of responsiveness and service. Your contributions are critical to keeping our product robust and stable.
- Security. We set particularly high security standards and so should you.
- Mentorship. Provide technical guidance, perform code reviews, and help us keep our codebase clean. We all have more to learn -- teach us what you know.
We're looking for someone with a concrete track record of hands-on technical leadership. While being a strong engineering contributor you’ve also coordinated engineers on projects with interesting challenges that ranged throughout the stack, required high availability, were proactively measured, and mattered to your users.
You’ll work closely with Marissa, our Director of Product. She's responsible for our product roadmap and overall prioritization. You'll be collaborating with her very closely so the two of you can make critical Product/Engineering decisions together. She's great; you'll really enjoy working with her.
Reasons to work at SPIDR Tech
- Ability to improve relationships between law enforcement agencies and communities
- Ability to positively impact millions of crime victims and 911 callers
- Constructive exposure to real world law enforcement
- Competitive compensation including a generous stock option package
- We are a fully remote company and you can work from anywhere in the United States
- Flexible work schedule and open PTO policy
- Ability to work with a company that is experiencing significant growth due to the effects of coronavirus and the critical conversations around police reform