Job ID: 14398BR
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
We are looking for a different type of architect! It’s about providing technology leadership and filling in technical gaps while having fun.
Bond & Specialty Insurance Information Technology is seeking a talented professional to join theorganization as a Solution Architect. This position requires a self-driven and technically competent individual to provide architectural guidance, technological recommendations and transition strategiesto support the development and implementation of business solutions.
Ideally, you’re someone who can write code with the best of them but also wants to help guide others towards a technology you believe in. You possess a balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. If this sounds like you, we’d love to speak with you.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Provide strategic thinking, solutions and roadmaps while driving architectural recommendations; ensure recommended architecture is consistent, maintainable, flexible, and cost effective; assist inthe remediation of application stability and performance; adopt and communicate new concepts, ideas, techniques, and common practices; perform product evaluations and proof of concepts;partner with delivery teams and product management areas to recommend appropriate frameworks and patterns; assist the agile teams as they perform project level design, development, testing, and performance analysis; leverage new emerging technology as appropriate; communicate effectively and in the context of your audience.
Key activities will include:
- In strong collaboration with the Architecture CoE, develop and leverage standards, patterns, and practices.
- Provide strategic thinking, solutions and roadmaps while driving architectural recommendations.
- Ensure recommendations support application stability and performance.
- Perform product evaluations and proof of concepts.
- Provide architectural guidance and subject matter expertise.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 1 year of technology related experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred. 2 years of product/project management and/or Software Development Life Cycle preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Required experiences and skill set:
- Has master level knowledge of multiple programming disciplines and a thorough understanding of thebusiness being supported.
- Has conceptual knowledge of varying technologies.
- Able to drive to consensus on technical challenges.
- Possesses strong analysis skills.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business processes and requirements to applicable requirement types (functional, technical, etc) and design.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
Desired experiences and skill set in below area:
- Familiar with Agile Development Methodology.
- Experience with the .NET framework including .NET Core.
- Experience with microservice development.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices.
- Familiar and experience a plus with Cloud native on PCF.
- Familiar and experience a plus with Public Cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.