Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Technology Solutions division of IQVIA develops and markets healthcare-focused enterprise software applications including Master Data Management, CRM, Multi-channel Marketing, Content Management, Social and Compliance solutions. The Digital Office leads the transformation of the Technology Solutions product portfolio and is developing a cloud-based Machine learning/Artificial Intelligence platform bringing a layer of intelligent services to Technology Solutions’ software offering called “Ada”. Ada’s services use machine learning, natural language processing and deep learning techniques as appropriate, and relies on a big data layer.
The Ada technical/development lead plays a pivotal role the delivery of this AI/ML platform. In this role, you will lead the technical development of Ada, and be responsible for the technical execution of the roadmap in terms of cost, quality and deadline. You will manage a team of data and service reliability engineers and lead its growth towards a mature development team in the short term.
The Ada team is looking for its development manager.
Do you have a passion for building great products? Do you believe in customer-centricity? Do you have strong analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills? Do you want to work in a positive, can-do environment where collaboration and growth mindset are valued?
Our team’s values:
- We focus on building software that adds value for our customers
- We believe that the best idea or opinion precedes the title of its author
- We are respectful of everybody’s “think” time, optimizing meetings and limiting interruptions as much as possible
- We value attitude over aptitude;
- We value ownership, accountability, openness in collaboration and feedback
- We test our code before handing it off: unit tests, ML tests, (continuous) integration tests, etc
- We believe in reusing existing solutions over reinventing the wheel, and automating where possible
- We seek continuous improvement, individually and as a team
- Technical planning, development, and systems integration on product releases from definition phase through implementation, including modern devOps (containerization)
- Analyze requirements, architecture designs, wireframes and capabilities of related systems to propose appropriate solutions
- Orchestrate and monitor deliveries from offshore 3rd party development partner
- Orchestrate the release management process with internal QA, devOps and ProdOps teams
- Work with machine learning and data engineers in the team to ensure seamless deployment of Ada’s services
- Delegate programming tasks to other team members, removing the technical impediments and providing oversight as needed
- Mentor developers by sharing best practices and new tools and techniques
- Research andshare industry innovations and trends
Minimum Education, Experience, & Specialized Knowledge Required:
- 5-10 years of software development experience
- 2 years of development lead experience using software engineering best practices in programming, testing, version control, agile development, etc.
- A strong passion for getting things done, solving real problems, and learning new things
- Experience with managing development partners, leading projects and overseeing other developers
- Significant experience developing software using a modern language/framework (C#, Python, Ruby, Scala, Java, Haskell)
- Some knowledge of python is a must
- Experience with big data platforms preferred, with Machine learning/Deep learning platform a plus
- Experience with cloud deployment and modern devOps (for example, containerization) required
- Experience with graph databases a plus
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
To be successful in this role, you must also:
- Work well in a collaborative, team based environment (both work autonomously and as part of a team)
- Be a self-starter who enjoys collaborating
- Be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Be fast and efficient and able to juggle multiple projects
- Be an expert, proactive communicator, and possesses strong leadership skills