ABOUT THE ROLE
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Janie & Jack, and INTERMIX— have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to create a product that makes people feel good inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrives on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, grow with us.
At Gap Inc., we are passionate about creating and delivering quality software by utilizing Agile and DevOps best practices. We are creating solutions using Automation, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration & Delivery, Pair Programming, and story-based iterative development. In this role, you will collaborate cross-functionally with Product Management and Design to build new capabilities for our Martech technology stack, backed by state-art-of-the-art capabilities around personalized content management, segmentation, and multi-channel customer communication.
We are looking for individuals with extensive experience providing at-scale solutions that incorporate modern design concepts geared towards building elastic, fault-tolerant services. They will have a passion for technology and work with dynamic teams to deliver solutions that will power Gap’s ability to showcase our products to millions of customers worldwide, making it fast, intuitive, and rewarding to shop online!
The ideal candidate will have experience using established engineering and design principles that drive and maintain agility in the codebase and deliver sustainable solutions.
Join us and flex your imagination with designing and developing industry-leading commerce features that are reliable, scalable, and create a great customer experience!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders, architects, & product team members to implement and operationalize key business capabilities with quality.
- Display strategic thinking in architecting solutions that supports our marketing use cases by translating business vision into a flexible technical architecture integrating multiple internal and external products and services
- Lead a team of skilled engineers to design solutions that optimally utilize our on-prem tech stack and SaaS solutions to deliver sustainable solutions with an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use.
- Gain an understanding of dependencies with external and internal teams and collaborate on cross-functional initiatives.
- Identify standards-based solutions that are appropriate to our environment and drive adoption via mentoring and guiding others who are still developing their skills.
- Communicate proactively with internal and external partners, present technical details and contribute to prioritization and trade-off discussions.
- Embrace and implement best-in-class DevOps practices with end-to-end “design, build and run” responsibilities with the aim of operating a low-touch production environment.
- Engage actively in continuously improving practices and methodology.
WHO YOU ARE
- 8+ years software development experience with high volume e-commerce or online retail services, at least 3+ years in a Technical Leadership position
- Extensive experience with and a real passion for Agile
- Experience with API management technologies (like Apigee or Mulesoft) and Identity and Access Management technologies (like SSO, Ping Federate, OAuth and OpenID Connect)
- Experience with running workloads on Public Clouds such as Azure, AWS or GCP, and experience with container-based technologies like Docker and Cloud Foundry
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment in a DevOps oriented product development environment and familiarity with modern MML technologies like Splunk, New Relic and Pager Duty
- Well versed with system and technical design principles, performant coding practices ensuring security requirements are not compromised for functionality and/or performance.
- Experience with laying out a go-live plan at the conceptual stage, analyzing the pros and cons between multiple rollout options.
- Knowledge of current digital marketing trends and best practices on topics such as personalization, omnichannel marketing, mobile, data-driven optimization of experiences is major plus.