As a Tech Lead at OnDeck, you will:
- Help design innovative and flexible full-stack solutions to enable efficient customer acquisition and product origination.
- Closely collaborate with technology and product leadership, QA, DevOps and other teams to orchestrate medium to large scale development efforts.
- Remain hands-on, contributing to multiple codebases, while also guiding the team.
- Get to know and work with all facets of OnDeck business operation.
- Promote culture of learning, collaboration and continuous improvement.
Qualifications for success:
- Experience leading a team building full-stack web solutions and designing flexible services and APIs.
- Experience with a Java web stack, DI and ORM frameworks, build tools like Maven or Gradle.
Experience with SPA frameworks like AngularJS, Ruby/Ruby on Rails, Postgres, MongoDb is a plus.
- Strong software system design (design patterns) fundamentals.
- “Craftsman” mindset toward building software and a drive to continuously care for and improve existing codebases.
- Comfort with an Agile development environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Here at OnDeck we rely heavily on our tech leads to:
- Care deeply about making a business impact
- Focus on quality, security and flexibility of solutions
- Innovate and promote learning
- Help engineers to thrive
We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s community service events, book club meetings, team get-togethers or weekly social hours in the office.
OnDeck is the leader in online small business lending. Since 2007, the company has powered Main Street’s growth through advanced lending technology and a constant dedication to customer service. To date, the company has deployed over $5 billion to more than 50,000 customers in 700 different industries across the United States, Canada and Australia